- 1995 Ford Fiesta 2.0 Si - £800 o.n.o.
I am selling my Fiesta 2.0 Si which I have owned for two years. It has been regularly used on the road, and also for various motorsport events, with some good results. Only selling because I now have another Fiesta (slightly better spec), and don't have the space to keep both.
94,000 miles (engine approx 104,000 miles).
MOT to 28 April 2014.
2.0 litre Zetec engine.
Gmax -35mm suspension kit.
Power Steering, Sunroof, Drivers Airbag, Alloy Wheels, CD/MP3/USB.
More details and many more photos below...
- Originally built as a 1.6, it has been fitted with a 2.0 Zetec engine from a Mondeo. This gives approx 136 bhp instead of the original 90 bhp. In a car weighing 960kg, and with the original 1.6 Si gearbox (close ratios), it's reasonably quick. Engine is running on a 2.0 Mondeo 'DEEP' ECU, with the matching injectors and MAF sensor. Throttle body is from a 1.8 Escort.
- Fitted with cone filter and non-standard exhaust (sounds sporty, but not ridiculously loud).
- Stainless steel water rail (these often rust away).
- Clean looking car for it's age. The previous owner told me that both sills and both rear arches were replaced in 2008, along with a full re-spray in Panther Black (metallic). He also had the 2.0 litre engine fitted in 2010 (new cam belt fitted at this time).
- Gmax 40FO29 suspension kit, which is a bit stiffer, and lowers the car by 35mm all round. Improves handling a lot.
- Original wing back seats in good condition.
- Original 5 spoke 14" alloys, in very good condition.
- The rear light clusters have been tinted red, and have LED indicator bulbs.
- JVC KD-R701 Radio / CD / MP3 player with USB and Aux inputs. Front speakers have been replaced.
- During the time I have owned the car, I have replaced the front brake pads, rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders, offside rear brake drum and rear wheel bearing, one front suspension arm, both gearbox mountings, one CV boot, both number plates, top radiator hose, and an aux belt idler.
Bad points (most are minor, but I want to be honest):
- Some rust bubbles on nearside rear wheel arch (see photo below). Hasn't got much worse in the 2 years I have owned it. Otherwise largely rust free, and better than most of it's age.
- Light scratch on drivers side from a tree branch. Front indicator is also slightly cracked.
- Breather catch tank could be improved (not ideal having the vent near the heater intake), and there is also a rubber elbow which looks like it needs replacing. The car doesn't generally use any oil, but does start to fill the catch tank with the combination of very high revs and extreme cornering (eg some autosolos). Replacing the rubber elbow may help to reduce this.
- Could do with a new air filter.
- Water rail needs fixing down with two bolts.
- Heated front screen doesn't work very well (I haven't investigated why).
- Bonnet is a slightly different colour (Ash Black). Not really noticeable - see photos below. The bonnet was replaced by the previous owner after a minor accident.
- Reverse light is red, due to tinted light cluster.
- Tyres are all legal, but tread is getting low. One has a screw in it (but doesn't lose pressure).
- There are only 3 locking wheel nuts (don't know why - was like it when I bought it).
The car has had some good results in recent motorsport events:
1st in class (2nd overall) - Peterborough MC Rockingham Autosolo (July 2013)
1st in class (4th overall) - ACC Halewood Autosolo (Aug 2013)
1st in class - Bristol MC Castle Combe Autosolo (Aug 2013)
2nd in class - Farnborough MC September Solo 2013
1st in class - 2013 BTRDA Autosolo Championship
Vehicle is currently SORN because new government rules mean I can't keep it taxed after transferring the insurance to my new car. It has a valid MOT until 28th April 2014, and is ready to be driven away once you have organised tax and insurance. I have the log book, 3 keys (including the red one), and a limited amount of receipts / history since I have owned it.
Ideal fast road car, or for a bit of club motorsport. Reliable and cheap to run.
Looking for £800 o.n.o.NOW SOLD
To avoid filling this thread with photos, I'll just post two here.