Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Drives: Audi A4 Cabrio v6
Well i bought myself a a machine polisher on the cheap, i wanted something with variable speed and something which was up for polishing cars. So looked around the internet at various detailing websites and ended up getting a silverline rotory, although it was said get alot of practice with it due to rotorys being quite aggressive. So when i go it i bought some 3M pads and set to work on a front wing a had layign in the garage, after correcting it and then scratching with a dirty rag then and correcting it again about 5 times i invited my brother and my sister over to set to work on both their cars. I didnt get many photos during it but i got a before and after of my brothers but only after a wash.

I used various Megs products for this cant remember what the names were

Anyway My brothers vectra after a clean, the wheels were realy bad, could not get them clean from just washing

After about 4 Hours it looked like this, body work de swirled, he had only ever washed this car in a carwash in the two years he has had it so you can imagine how bad the paint was, didnt get any correction shots though as didnt have time due to doing 2 cars in the space of 8 hours.

He had to rsuh off so didnt get any reflection shots :( but you can see the shine from the photos, sun wasnt out long enoth to get any sun shots either.

And my sisters tino, My sister has all the photos for this so i will get them uploaded soon but here is one of it finished in the sun, again had only ever been washed in a carwash. i told them both not to do it anymore due to spending all this time on their cars from free :lol:

Enjoy

Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:45 pm 
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit

Drives: Fiesta ZS
Nicely done! I am very tempted to do a lot of research and buy myself a starter DA and practice but I just don't think i'll manage it :lol: too many things to think about.

Results look very good, very clear shine!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:05 am 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Cheers mate, i was looking for a DA but couldnt find one cheap enoth and alot of detailing sites recommended the silverline as a good low cost polisher. Im obsessed with making a car look good and have hand polished cars for years but never get the results i want so thought it was time to bite the bullet and buy a machine, im amazed at how much better the car looks ater being machined, i recon i got about 80% of the swirls out of both cars after looking over both with my LED light:) ive done both their cars and not mine yet lol may give it a shot tomorrow if i can be arsed :lol: i think as long as you have something to practice on before to learn what speeds and pressures you need to use before taking it to your own car your be fine. When trying it on my spare wing i never managed to burn the paint, even at max rpm!

Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:40 am 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: MK4 mondeo ,Saph Cossie
Nothing wrong with the silverline. Infact, its been serving me well for the past 4 or so years ;)

What did you finish the cars off with after the compounding chap ?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:02 am 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
How much was the Silverline?
How big is the risk of burning your paint, I mean will you have to be a retard to do it or is it easily done if your not careful?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:12 am 
David Dickinson Junior
David Dickinson Junior

Drives: Like a boss
Does the silver line plug into a normal plug socket? Reason I ask is I had my mop from America and have to use it via a transformer which is a right pain in the ass, don't get me wrong it's really good but would prefer a normal one!!

FEED ME MORE!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:29 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: MK4 mondeo ,Saph Cossie
TANGO wrote:
Does the silver line plug into a normal plug socket? Reason I ask is I had my mop from America and have to use it via a transformer which is a right pain in the ass, don't get me wrong it's really good but would prefer a normal one!!

yes

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:48 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

cs detailing wrote:
Nothing wrong with the silverline. Infact, its been serving me well for the past 4 or so years ;)

What did you finish the cars off with after the compounding chap ?

i used
washed with two bucket method
megs clay bar
megs paint cleaner
megs ultimate compound
megs swirl x
megs liquid wax
And trims were treated, cant remember what i used and
Tyres were done in megs tyre gel

i need to get some other products as allmine are basicly empty now :lol: