Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:52 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Fiesta Si 2.0
A lot of turbo engines will probably use 15% less fuel rather than more depending on driving styles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 am 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Drives: Audi A4 Cabrio v6
Its not fair the cruise control on your leon is cheaper to get fitted than on my audi :lol: my partner has cruise as standard on her audi a3 2.0 tdi and i see what you mean as bout the freakyness! I like the fact that you can stikl overtake with it and then it brings you back down to your original cruise speed!

How much did your miltek set you back? If you dont mind me asking. Looking forward to a vid of it!

Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:33 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport
vid here mate

was about £500 with decat and £80 for fitting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 am 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

any more updates ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:38 am 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

One very small thing done, not really a mod but a fix and an add on extra!

Most common issue with the a4 B6 and B7 is that the glove box hinge brakes, when i bought the car i didnt even think of opening the glove box as its not usally something i check when buying a car :lol: Anyway on the way home when i bought it my partner opened it and the hinge was broken. Basicly the reason this happens is because audi fitted a piston that makes the glove box door open slowly so it doesnt slam open, over time this piston gets stiff and eventually you have to putt the glove box open which results in the hinge snapping as its weak! So anyway i set to repair it as cheap as possible as didnt want to buy a new gloe box from audi for £100+! so i drillied 3 holes through the two broken sections of the hinge and then cut the heads of some nails and then slid the nails through the two parts of the hinge and glued in place! and removed the piston from the hinge. door opened fine but the glove box light didnt some on as the swich for that was fitted into the piston :doh: so here is how i got around that...

I went to Maplin and bought a push to brake swich.

i Then removed the entire glove box from the car, only 4 bolt held it in which i was pleased about! when i got the box out i noticed this..
there was a blanking plate for another glove box light, so i though ah i have loads of audi interior lights sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted for my lighting pack. so i popped the blanking plate out, so i was left with this.....
i then checked to see if my spare light would fit, which it did!
So i set about doing the wireing (turned from fitting a swich to addign a new light and fitting a swich :lol: )so i got a OEM plug a lead from my box of cables i have lying around 8-)
I then opened up the connector for the origional light and solderd the new cable and plug into that and then wrapped the cable in loom take to keep it looking factory(although you cant see it when fitted :lol: )
Light all wired in
After that i set about sorting the swich, here is the hinge where the piston was fitted and the cable for the swich
And this is where i was relocating the swich to, its where their used to be a litted rubber stopper at the top of the glove box
i drilled this out to the size of the swich and fitted the swich
i then set to work on wireing it up, i moved the plug for the original swich the top of the box, i then solderd another OEM plug and cable onto the new swich and wrapped in loom tape and plugged into the origional swich plug
and here is the finished result
Although its only a standerd feature in a car im well chuffed with it, took me about an hour to do but its nice having a glove box that opens and closes properly :halo: :halo:
Going to give the car a good polish later if the sun stays out, pics to follow :D

Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:18 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Spend about 4 hours today cleaning and polishing the audi and also fixing the boot luggage compantment as it had broken which was annoying me, if something is supposed to work i like it to work :lolz: im fussy.

Pics of the car, i was never happy with the shine of the body when i got it so i thought id take some time tarting it up, some parts i had to wet sand as in places the laqure was gritty guessing its had a respray on the passengers front wing, also the orange peal was quite bad at the top of the drivers door and rear quarter so this was wet sanded too!

Sun went down so the photos dont do it justice and they were taken on my phone so quality isnt the best :(

And the fixed luggage compartment, this used to just stay down as i couldnt rise it as a clip inside had broken.
Close

Pull the lever around at the top when the roof is up and gives you more boot space 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:07 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

ohhhh very nice :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:44 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
Car looks lovely on those pics, the interior also looks like a nice place to be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:01 am 
Southern Events Co-Ordinator

Drives: Millennium Puma
good work there jamie ;)

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.

RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

cheers guys, tbh its the nicest car i have driven, just so compfertable and is a very nice place to be 8-)

Going to attempt to fit my lighting pack tomorrow following a guide of the audi forums, hope its not to painfull to do :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:21 pm 
Northern Events Co-Ordinator

Drives: Mk1 FRS and FRST
Looks stunning in the pics, good work :chill:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:13 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Thanks Dave 8-)

Been busy today, took a trip to the breakers again today to see what Audi's they had down their. I wanted to find an Audi with the lighting pack installed so I could get the genuine Audi door looms for the puddle lights and red door open warning light. After searching all the cars I had no joy untill I found a 2001 Audi A6 hidden away right at the back of the yard, pulled the door card off and hay presto, it had the full door lighting pack including inside soor handle ambient lighting!!!! so that behind the door handles glows Red at night when the lights are on. Unfortunatly I will have to cut a slit into the top of the inner door handle surround to fit these which I can't do untill I get my demel in 2 days. Anyway took the door cards off, fitted the lights (holes were already their so i just had to pop them in) wired them up to the door loom so its as it would have been from factory and they work as they should 8-)

When the door catch is in the closed position the lights are off

When the door is opened they come on!

Going to take a shot at doing the footwell lights tomorrow but I havnt been able to find a guide to them yet so will have to go blind with that :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:23 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Very smart Jamie!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:00 pm 

Good work Jamie 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Cheers guys, really happy witht he outcome of these, they just add to the car, really want my foot well lights done now! ill crack on with them tomorrow :)

Heres some bad photos of it tonight in the dark, really bad quality from my phone at night!

I also changed the colour of my glove box lights to red which my brother in law suggested i did. Think it makes it look amazing! fits in well :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

I like!

Footwell lights will finish that off perfectly!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 am 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Iam actually really liking this car, if I hadn't already spent as much on the Leon I could be tempted by one of these myself.

What's the performance and MPG like ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 am 

Drives: Millennium Puma
good work - looks really good

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.

RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:45 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

- Danny Boy - wrote:
I like!

Footwell lights will finish that off perfectly!

Cheers mate, there all done now :D

95 Fiesta Si wrote:
Iam actually really liking this car, if I hadn't already spent as much on the Leon I could be tempted by one of these myself.

What's the performance and MPG like ?

Performance is pretty good froma car that weighs nearly 1800kg :lolz: off the light its not the best hitting 60 in 9.6 seconds (booked) but once its going it pulls like a train. MPG is average, wont be as good as your 1.9 due to the bigger block and heavier car but I seem to be getting 35mpg with no motorway driving, 43ish combined motorway and town, had 55mpg from a 250 mile trip just pure motorway, so again no too bad 8-) a hell of alot better than my celica which was doing about half what this does :lolz:

meilack wrote:
good work - looks really good

Thanks mate.

I have been busy and have finished the whole lighting pack for this car :halo:

I began with the footwell lights after doing the puddle and warning lights, I dont have a VAG-COM so i couldnt do it the proper way by wiring them into the convenience module under the passenger seat and then reprogamming it with VAG-COM to work. Instead I wired them into the interior light and made up my own loom, I have no photos of the progress of it and it was pissing with rain while I was doing it so I was rushing :lol: But anyway they work as they should, fade on when the car is unlock and then fade off when you start the car, well happy with them although id like to fit some LED bulbs into them to give a brighter light but there ok for now. heres some photos, again they dont come out too well on my phone!

I also set to work on the internal door handle ambient lighting, again no progress of this as it was raining but theres some photos, again need some brigher LEDs as in my partners A3 they shine abit brighter than mine, just their only supposed to be suttle and not mega bright.

Drivers

Passenger

I also did abit more cleaning, The exhaust pipes were coverd in soot and rust so I cleaned these off

Before

After

lastly I hated the fact my door hinges were coverd in 8 years of dirt and gime, I tried to clean them when washing the car but no joy, it was so ground in that it wouldnt come off easy so I bought some engine degreasent which did the job!

Before

after

And something random while me and my partner parked up to eat our Mc Ds we felt like swans were taking over the world :lolz: :lolz:

And a random one of mine and my partners car together, Numberplate twins :lol: :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 pm 

Good work 8-)

Looks like the swans liked it too :thumbsup: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next