Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 pm 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:27 pm
Posts: 473
Location: Yeovil, Somerset
Does anyone know of any insurance companies that do not load your premium for having styling modifications only ?

Might be picking up a little runabout soon. There wont be any performance modifications but a suspension drop and a set of alloy wheels may find there way on to it

I know in the past people have said that their insurance companies only increase their premium for performance modifications not styling ones

Any recommendations ?

I have done a quote with Direct Line and it came back under £200 fully comprehensive on a completely standard car :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:48 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:02 am
Posts: 1442
Location: pimpworld
Drives: 2.0 fiesta si + mk3 1.1
suspension drop is seen as a performance mod i thought :hmm:

_________________
Fiesta Si 2.0
Fiesta 1.1
Peugeot 206 sw 1.4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:01 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 1516
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Drives: 2004 Volvo S60 D5
Adrian flux don't mind mods as long as it has nothing to do with the engine

_________________
Image
She's still alive! -23/02/2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 am 
Offline
Poster
Poster

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 53
We're fine with most cosmetic modifciations..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:52 am 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:27 pm
Posts: 473
Location: Yeovil, Somerset
skyinsurance wrote:
We're fine with most cosmetic modifciations..


I will give you a call later for a quote

I may be able to get the car on a classic policy due to its age. The problem I then have is I only have another year left to do something with my 7 years no claims before they are lost. Can I insure a car on a classic policy with yourselves and not lose my no claims ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:28 pm 
Offline
FSi Donator
FSi Donator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 634
Location: Haslemere, nr guildford, surrey
Drives: bmw r50 chilli red mini c
sjoyce666 wrote:
Does anyone know of any insurance companies that do not load your premium for having styling modifications only ?

Might be picking up a little runabout soon. There wont be any performance modifications but a suspension drop and a set of alloy wheels may find there way on to it

I know in the past people have said that their insurance companies only increase their premium for performance modifications not styling ones

Any recommendations ?

I have done a quote with Direct Line and it came back under £200 fully comprehensive on a completely standard car :D


think mine 21pound a month for 11 months also i put down its been lowered also air fitter mod filmed windows stripes pained hubs and caliper


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:17 pm 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:27 pm
Posts: 473
Location: Yeovil, Somerset
Sorted with Need2Insure

£177.10 fully comp with unlimited mileage on a classic policy

Sky Insurance couldnt get under £300 and even Direct Line was lower than that


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 pm 
Offline
FSi Donator
FSi Donator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 634
Location: Haslemere, nr guildford, surrey
Drives: bmw r50 chilli red mini c
sjoyce666 wrote:
Sorted with Need2Insure

£177.10 fully comp with unlimited mileage on a classic policy

Sky Insurance couldnt get under £300 and even Direct Line was lower than that

hoiw old is your car


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 pm 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:27 pm
Posts: 473
Location: Yeovil, Somerset
InSane wrote:
sjoyce666 wrote:
Sorted with Need2Insure

£177.10 fully comp with unlimited mileage on a classic policy

Sky Insurance couldnt get under £300 and even Direct Line was lower than that

hoiw old is your car


Its a 1988 mk2 Fiesta so its 23 years old, Fiestas have to be 20 years old to get classic status from alot of insurers plus i'm old so that makes it cheaper anyway


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:52 pm 
Offline
FSi Donator
FSi Donator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 634
Location: Haslemere, nr guildford, surrey
Drives: bmw r50 chilli red mini c
sjoyce666 wrote:
InSane wrote:
sjoyce666 wrote:
Sorted with Need2Insure

£177.10 fully comp with unlimited mileage on a classic policy

Sky Insurance couldnt get under £300 and even Direct Line was lower than that

hoiw old is your car


Its a 1988 mk2 Fiesta so its 23 years old, Fiestas have to be 20 years old to get classic status from alot of insurers plus i'm old so that makes it cheaper anyway

i am old to lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron