Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Drives: Audi A4 Cabrio v6
Just a tiny update, opened up the navigation unit and cleaned the DVD laser with some alcohol on a cotton bud and the cotton bud came off completely black, put back together stuck the sat nav DVD into it and it loaded it up straight away 8-) well chuffed, didn't have to spend a penny on it and I bought it for quarter the price it was worth :thumbsup:

Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:59 pm 
Southern Events Co-Ordinator

Drives: Millennium Puma
nice one :D

topspecflashgit :lol:

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.

RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:02 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Cheers mate, :lol: I don't know what do do next, lower it or new wheels hmmmmm :?

Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:06 pm 

wheels! :halo:

FACT wrote:

RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

See that's what I'm thinking but I don't want to be left with the car looking like its on stilts, it's lowered 20mm standard so it may look ok but I'm also not sure on what size wheels to go for 18s or 19s ill get some photos up

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

I'm going for the rs6 style as the bbs ones are a little to pricy for me. I'm leaning towards 18s, think the 19s look to big.

18s

19s

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 pm 

both look good mate :)

you leaving them silver?

FACT wrote:

Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:25 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

I really don't know :lol: I think I'll prob have the silver for bait and see how I take to the theme on the car, a lot of the audi guys black out everything on the cars, wheels, grills, badges, windows surrounds, I may stay with the silver on silver look. I'm going have a play with photo shop in the coming days to see what I can design :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm 

sounds good ;)

slighlty darker would look awesome imo to :lol:

FACT wrote:

Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport
18's just for driveability and tyre prices

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:41 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: Sideways
jamiecliffe1988 wrote:
a lot of the audi guys black out everything on the cars, wheels, grills, badges, windows surrounds, I may stay with the silver on silver look.
Depends on the colour of the car as to whether it works though ;)

With Silver you'll probably get away with it.

Just taken my Anthracite wheels off for some winter shod silver rims. Still not sure which I prefer...

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

95 Fiesta Si wrote:
18's just for driveability and tyre prices

+1

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Fiesta Si 2.0
18's look better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:59 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Silver gives the car a smarter look, black gives a more moody look. I loved my black wheels on my Si and dark wheels and silver do go well but not sure if I want a moody look or not.........I think it will be the 18s then :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 am 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

I've got 18's and the S-line suspension and its just right for driveability. 19's would be too much IMO

And 18's are cheaper ;)

Just finished an RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth install in my mates A4 B7, it looks the mutts and is actually well equipped fort a standard sat nav, bet your enjoying it?

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 am 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

elPaulio wrote:
I've got 18's and the S-line suspension and its just right for driveability. 19's would be too much IMO

And 18's are cheaper ;)

Just finished an RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth install in my mates A4 B7, it looks the mutts and is actually well equipped fort a standard sat nav, bet your enjoying it?

Paul

Cool, I think the sline suspension was the same as the sport suspension IIRC so I deffo think ill go with 18s. As saidthere cheaper and so are tyres, 19s ill have to have stupidly low profile tyres which will effect ride quality.

Awesome, did he get the faulty one replaced then? It's a great bit of kit, I'm on the look out for the OEM Bluetooth to replace the parrot I have.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

jamiecliffe1988 wrote:

Awesome, did he get the faulty one replaced then? It's a great bit of kit, I'm on the look out for the OEM Bluetooth to replace the parrot I have.

Yes, new one came up within a few days, was in much better nick too!
Plugged it in and after a few issues with the Tel Mute wire muting all the time (cut that, problem solved as Bluetooth uses CAN/K-Line to mute the RNS-E) and a few trial and error codings to get the Bluetooth to work propoerly through the RNS-E and we were laughing.

He's got the Colour DIS as well so it looks lush with the directions coming through it. Git :lolz:

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 am 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

elPaulio wrote:
is actually well equipped fort a standard sat nav
No postcode search though if I'm not mistaken...
Bit of a bummer!! :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

elPaulio wrote:
jamiecliffe1988 wrote:

Yes, new one came up within a few days, was in much better nick too!
Plugged it in and after a few issues with the Tel Mute wire muting all the time (cut that, problem solved as Bluetooth uses CAN/K-Line to mute the RNS-E) and a few trial and error codings to get the Bluetooth to work propoerly through the RNS-E and we were laughing.

He's got the Colour DIS as well so it looks lush with the directions coming through it. Git :lolz:

Paul

That's good to hear! Atleast there are some genuine seller on eBay :lol: at least it all works as it should :)

:lol: I wish I could get it in mine to replace the dated red display. I have heard its a right pain in the arse to get coded to the car as the cluster talks to the cars immobiliser etc. strange for him to have it though if he didn't have sat nav fitted!

woodsy_mv6 wrote:
elPaulio wrote:

It's got partial post code searching, only the first half which is bait of a pita but doesn't bother me really, beats my concert radio by a mile :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:18 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

woodsy_mv6 wrote:
elPaulio wrote:

I'd need to check, i'm pretty sure I saw full post code when we were playing around. Will try and rememember to ask him next time I see him and let you know :)

His is RNS-E High if that makes any difference?!?!

Paul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next