Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:02 pm 
Offline
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 8807
Location: Bournemouth
Drives: Fiesta ZS
how can you seriously look at that car and say it's better looking than a ford? fair enough new fiestas don't look great, but I don't like the look of the C series, any megane or clios, clios I can sorta see why people might like then, but a megane? When it comes to most cars nowadays there designs aren't brilliant to be fair. But I'd pick a ford, probably a focus RS because they look awesome. One of the only great looking cars this region of arguement has bought out lol

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 pm 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
i like the look of the new fiesta. its a grower so anyone who aint too sure will like it soon enough like when the mk1 focus came out.

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:38 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 1516
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Drives: 2004 Volvo S60 D5
MK3 Fiesta just wins! It just does no questions asked.
It's a car that if you speak to a randomer about their first car. They are 90% likely to say "oh i had one of those, great little car"
It has history
It was built in Dagenham.. like all brilliant fords.
The list goes on Percy

P.S. The Saxo is a fast little car, however if you speak to anyone who doesn't own one.. they will loathe it, because the chavs have ruined it... like 50cc mopeds! They do 100mpg, £5 to fill up, £15 year tax.. brilliant! But the chavs have ruined it!!
Shitroen Paxo sits in the hall of shame along with Mopeds, Nova's and the guy from the go-compare adverts!

_________________
Image
She's still alive! -23/02/2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 pm 
Offline
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 8807
Location: Bournemouth
Drives: Fiesta ZS
I guessing the general arguement was ford haven't bought a car out that is around 200bhp?

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:46 pm 
Offline
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:46 pm
Posts: 817
Location: bluewater
Drives: Rs1800
stainlessmole wrote:
MK3 Fiesta just wins! It just does no questions asked.
It's a car that if you speak to a randomer about their first car. They are 90% likely to say "oh i had one of those, great little car"
It has history
It was built in Dagenham.. like all brilliant fords.
The list goes on Percy

P.S. The Saxo is a fast little car, however if you speak to anyone who doesn't own one.. they will loathe it, because the chavs have ruined it... like 50cc mopeds! They do 100mpg, £5 to fill up, £15 year tax.. brilliant! But the chavs have ruined it!!
Shitroen Paxo sits in the hall of shame along with Mopeds, Nova's and the guy from the go-compare adverts!


agreeded on the mk3 fiestas it has sort of become a icon

and some1 please shoot the go compare bloke :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

_________________
Image

The Loumiester wrote:
Nothing wrong with bigging up your own car, thats why you own it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:39 am 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:37 pm
Posts: 7771
Location: Manchester
Drives: C2 VTS
I still love the good old Mk3, it just wasn't practical to own one any more.

As you say the Saxo had an awful rep but is an amazing car, my Saxo got funny looks as it was tastefully modded and not chavved.

The fact that the top end fiesta can be compared to a C2 VTS which is mid range in french terms is worrying, The ST should have been taking on the Clios.

By all means the focus RS is an amazing bit of kit and I can't fault it, just sort the fiesta out!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:57 am 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
any way percy . . . .not a bad car lol

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:00 am 
Offline
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 8807
Location: Bournemouth
Drives: Fiesta ZS
I'll stay out of this now really then :D I don't really care too much for the new fiestas and stuff as there all uninteresting like most modern budgetish cars I just like the supercars that are new lol probably because I know I can ber own one

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:03 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19048
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: Millennium Puma
i like the looks of my ST

i like the sound it makes even with just a induction kit and a flexi pipe

it handles well, regardless of what you say, well enough to keep me entertained

tihs red one is so much better then my blue one though, ford build quality at its best :lolz:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:37 pm
Posts: 7771
Location: Manchester
Drives: C2 VTS
meilack wrote:
red one is so much better then my blue one though


I see you have watched the topgear comparison again...

The build quality arguement just doesn't hold up anymore, yes 10 years ago the ford would have been better, but is there any differnce these days? Out of interest how many times has you ST been back and how many times has my C2 been back? I do remember Mole and OP needing to take theres back too..... build quality....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:06 pm 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 1391
Location: Leicester
Drives: V6 Cougar
it'll probably be quite large in real life...makes me laugh how hatchbacks are only hatchbacks by definition these days and we now have the supermini catergory...
DS3 - looks awful, sounds good (stats and whatever).

i'm cynical of all new cars...cheap chinese parts used throughout the industry all compromising quality for cost.
My dads C2 GT's springs (front two) snapped when the weather was cold a few weeks ago. I mean WTF?

_________________
L333SYA - Ford Cougar 2.5 V6
RR - TBC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19048
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: Millennium Puma
i said ford build quality?

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 pm 
Offline
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:29 pm
Posts: 3227
Location: Melbourne, derbyshire
Drives: Fiesta Shed mk6
I will testify for Meilacks Fiesta ST at least he's got a good one this time that stays in one piece :doh:

I've never had any major issues with Ford's ive had and they're now our families cars for that reason

After having my Fiesta ST i will testify that they pull all the way to the red line :thumbsup:

My graph should be around here somewhere ill dig it up the one where everyone said my fiesta ST wouldn't produce good results then it produced 164bhp :hsugh:

Although your C2 had a nice interior percy i don't like the outside looks compared to the ST although the blue colour is quite nice :)

I know i first looked at the new fiesta and thought it was ugly and ford was following the frenchies into a bad styling dilemma but i think it definately grows on you, mine with its bodykit was actually quite nice

But the new fiesta is about more than just the outside, as a car as a whole its brilliant, try a test drive its such an improvement overall on the mk6, hence why they sold like hot cakes

Chassis is begging for more power though as Ry said a 180/190bhp version would blow away the competition im in no doubt about that, just look at that s2000 car, immense!

Ford have got the Focus RS out now crack on and get the Fiesta ST/RS out now! :thumbsup:

Oh and Percy on your latest post Adam was on about his blue ST was shocking build quality and his Red ST now is much better, he wasn't on about your C2 ;) or the top gear comparison

Funny enough that C2 |VTS vs Fiesta ST comparison has just been on TV and they handle about the same but the fiesta had better brakes and extra 25bhp hence why it won, if the C2 had the same power and better brakes it would have been different, but then i look at the Fiesta with the stripes in blue and i know which one i want :insanity:

Oh and my Fiesta ST went back once because i was being fussy about a bolt on the door as i wanted the door moved about 2mm up so it was perfectly inline but thats all :doh:

_________________
Image
FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:11 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19048
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: Millennium Puma
fussy sod :P

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 pm 
Offline
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:29 pm
Posts: 3227
Location: Melbourne, derbyshire
Drives: Fiesta Shed mk6
Image

If you look at the graph the MAX power was 164bhp at 5500rpm but all the way to 6500rpm it remained above 160bhp does that answer the question? 8-)

So yes it pulls all the way to the redline (6.5k rpm) :thumbsup:

_________________
Image
FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 1516
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Drives: 2004 Volvo S60 D5
So this thread proves that older cars are made better, french cars are faster than fords, and fords look better...
End of discussion lol :)

_________________
Image
She's still alive! -23/02/2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
like i said, nice car lol

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:37 pm
Posts: 7771
Location: Manchester
Drives: C2 VTS
So I am right you start losing power after 5500rpm, not massively but you do.

My peak power is at 7000rpm, and its above 120bhp from about 5900rpm.

As I keep pointing out the ST is a failure as it is comparable to a 1.6, yes the ST is going to be marginally quicker and I am not arguing that but it should be a lot quicker.

Maybe we should compare it to the 2.0 Clio's, yes you know those which have the same engine capacity...

My point is the clio's keep getting more powerful and DS3 is going to have a 1.6 Turbo and what are ford doing?

As mentioned if you start comparing ford hatchbacks to the french hatchbacks of the same engine size they don't have a chance.

Basically start comparing my C2 to a ford in the same class and start comparing the ST to a french car in its class. It won't be pretty ford boys.

As people say why do I seem to hate them so much and its quite simple, ford have ruined the Fiesta and I want them to make one I can love again.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:01 pm 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
i think you should go off bhp not engine capacity when classing cars because the starlett glanza would probably shit over evrything being a 1.3 turbo lol

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Citroen 1, Ford 0...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:37 pm
Posts: 7771
Location: Manchester
Drives: C2 VTS
smart arse!

Yes turbo and superchargers change the game rather a lot.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron