Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 pm 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:44 pm
Posts: 399
Location: cambs
Drives: 2.0 si
nah would defo have to be finance from somewhere private but thats probably the only way i would get a car like that or live on baked beans for a year lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:50 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
Problem with putting a silly fast engine in a Fiesta (especially a pre mk6 chassis!) is that you need to do extensive work on prepping the chassis to give if the best chance in life with putting the power down, so just as much money can be spent on suspension, welding, metal and wheels/rubber.

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:11 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:37 pm
Posts: 7771
Location: Manchester
Drives: C2 VTS
I suppose it depends at what point in you life you plan these cars, I am quickly going down the road of marriage, house, kids etc... When you start to plan the rest if your life with someone you will realise that there is much more to life than faster cars, if anything you will worry that those faster cars can end the dream for you.

It comes down to the running costs to, yet again if you trying to balance family life would you really want a expensive to insure, petrol drinking machine machine outside which could kill you?

Yes I am getting way to sensible with age.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:07 pm
Posts: 2059
Drives: Seat Arosa Sport 16v
mine arent super fast cars, just iconic cars to me

_________________
Image
The Fat Fake Xr2i


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:04 pm 
Offline
French Tickler
French Tickler

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 4451
Location: Woodville : Burton
Drives: 170bhp RS
Percy wrote:
I suppose it depends at what point in you life you plan these cars, I am quickly going down the road of marriage, house, kids etc... When you start to plan the rest if your life with someone you will realise that there is much more to life than faster cars, if anything you will worry that those faster cars can end the dream for you.

It comes down to the running costs to, yet again if you trying to balance family life would you really want a expensive to insure, petrol drinking machine machine outside which could kill you?

Yes I am getting way to sensible with age.


I would agree and also like to add my motto; "Cars are WANK"

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:07 pm
Posts: 2059
Drives: Seat Arosa Sport 16v
so why buy a 170bhp clio rs?

_________________
Image
The Fat Fake Xr2i


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:19 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 9972
Location: Up'T North - Doncaster
Drives: a 3 piece leather suite
Percy wrote:
I have to ask, how many of you realistically think you will get the cars listed. I can list loads of cars I want but realistically they will never happen.


Im already half way there to getting a 996 with my savings. :halo:

_________________
RIP Ben. Gone but not forgotten.

SportKA - I've driven one and its deffinately a Girls car

Ford Fair 2010 0-60 7.45 secs Trek 4100 :chill:

Save the trees, wipe your arse with a Cosworth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:28 pm 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
give me . . . . . say . . . 10yrs and i will have an EsCos . . . . who am i kidding iv already got my dream car, the humble Si, who doesnt want one lol

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
The Loumiester wrote:
give me . . . . . say . . . 10yrs and i will have an EsCos . . . . who am i kidding iv already got my dream car, the humble Si, who doesnt want one lol


Good Point. None of us would be here if we didn't want one at one stage or another!..

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:41 pm 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
you should be happy with that gti-6, iv wanted one for ages, does it really do lift off over steer? :bow:

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm 
Offline
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 8806
Location: Bournemouth
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Ill take the mustang from one in sixty seconds actually.. Mhhmmm

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:33 am 
Offline
Onslack's other half
Onslack's other half

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2045
Location: bracknell, nr reading.
Drives: a little blue car ;)
The Loumiester wrote:
you should be happy with that gti-6, iv wanted one for ages, does it really do lift off over steer? :bow:


every car i have owned has been amazing at lift off oversteer, the 106's were just stupid for it, any corner, any speed, dab the brakes (not the handbrake, thats cheating) and your laughing. the colt takes a little more effort, with the right technique itll slide most times. i think it has a lot to do with torsion bar rear suspension, although i could be wrong. people see it as showing off and nothing more, but its great for correcting your line when your on a track and need to tighten it up a little bit :thumbsup: :hsugh:

_________________
Image

si_stef wrote:
how the hell does a blind person actually drive? does their guide dog bark once for left, twice for right and go mental when he needs to brake?!


Kill List: Moped, School bus, 4 Cyclists.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:47 am 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
d00ner wrote:
The Loumiester wrote:
you should be happy with that gti-6, iv wanted one for ages, does it really do lift off over steer? :bow:


every car i have owned has been amazing at lift off oversteer, the 106's were just stupid for it, any corner, any speed, dab the brakes (not the handbrake, thats cheating) and your laughing. the colt takes a little more effort, with the right technique itll slide most times. i think it has a lot to do with torsion bar rear suspension, although i could be wrong. people see it as showing off and nothing more, but its great for correcting your line when your on a track and need to tighten it up a little bit :thumbsup: :hsugh:


Lift-off means sudden removal of the throttle when cornering - if you're dabbing the brakes then that's not LOOS. The 306 has passive rear steering btw. Most cars can lift-off over-steer, but the 306 is famous for it as it's quite violent at times due to the weight being chucked about (1200kg+) compared to the subtle and easily controlled 106 and 205 (I hear - never driven a 205) pug variety. Use it right and you can get faster cornering. OR fun on roundabouts.

If you're dabbing the brakes and you get LOOS, I'd check your rear beam and mounts. Might be a tad saggy! :insanity: (maybe from all the anal sex you're "life partner" could be giving you) Arf Arf :lol: I jest!

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:11 pm 
Offline
Onslack's other half
Onslack's other half

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2045
Location: bracknell, nr reading.
Drives: a little blue car ;)
i only dabbed the brakes because the 106 didnt have enough power, so lifting off made no difference than full throttle :lol:

silly question: passive rear steering, whats that?

_________________
Image

si_stef wrote:
how the hell does a blind person actually drive? does their guide dog bark once for left, twice for right and go mental when he needs to brake?!


Kill List: Moped, School bus, 4 Cyclists.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 pm 
Offline
David Dickinson Junior
David Dickinson Junior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:18 am
Posts: 4250
Location: Near Birmingham
Drives: Like a boss
thats when your doing terry from behind IIRC

_________________
Image

FEED ME MORE!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
WTF?! :shock: :lolz:

people will start taking this rumour seriously if you carry on like that :lolz:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:42 pm 
Offline
David Dickinson Junior
David Dickinson Junior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:18 am
Posts: 4250
Location: Near Birmingham
Drives: Like a boss
haha, as my bru at work says, we only take the piss out of others to cover up our own inadequacies :thumbsup: :lol:

love you. xxxx

_________________
Image

FEED ME MORE!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
there a lot of love to be had in this thread lol :look:

my mates saxo vts did lift off oversteer for fun and them cars are quick to throw around so it just adds to more fun.

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:50 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
TANGO wrote:
thats when your doing terry from behind IIRC


LMFAO! :lolz:

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:00 pm 
Offline
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 am
Posts: 508
Location: leicester
Drives: fiesta 1.6 si
i have to say that the fiesta si is a very good car it does evey thing i want it to do starts first time good on fuel and has a little poke,I would love to have the money to chuck at it to turn it into as clean as it was or better when it ran out the factory

_________________
Ford Fiesta 1.6si 5Door Mods Sony flip down cd player,Alpine Type s compent speakers Tweeters in colour coded mirror bases Kenwood 17cm speakers In Rear shelf,Splx 10inch Sub In boot 600watt Splx on passanger footwell in custom Bulid,Richbrook Ford Gear Knob,Green Cotton Air Panel Filter,Tom brown hat on rear shelf,clear side repeaters,ripspeed car mats,rear head rests rear small ford badage,ditgal volt gauge in front heater vent,Escort gti rims

Coming soon
mk4 wiper arm,laguna spilter,grey centres in the wheels 35mm drop,screen bulit into dash dvd player in glove box,stanless steel back box Mondeo dics and calipers,Rear disc conversation,Black roof lining with bulit in leds,Blue limation on dials,white dials & heater vents,graphti bonnet


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron