Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:51 am 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:18 pm
Posts: 3409
Location: West Sussex. Drives: Too many man sized cars!!
Drives: Sideways
If you're after a bit of oversteer, stop pussying about and do it properly :thumbsup:

_________________
AUTOBAHNSTORMERS
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs!
ImageImageImage
From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:50 am 
Offline
Onslack's other half
Onslack's other half

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2045
Location: bracknell, nr reading.
Drives: a little blue car ;)
adam, dont worry you have to come help me when i do get one, because ill stand there revving it and getting excited. whereas you will actually check it over :lol:

scotty_boy BSc wrote:
meilack wrote:
true :)

but the bigger cars you mentioned there are fast, bigger, more practical :lol:
:



106 GTi vs Polo GTI vs Corsa VXR vs Fiesta ST. Seems they're all supposed to be superminis.


surely they wont keep up with fiesta ST's? i thought they were only 120bhp? and the vxr's are 190 odd?

_________________
Image

si_stef wrote:
how the hell does a blind person actually drive? does their guide dog bark once for left, twice for right and go mental when he needs to brake?!


Kill List: Moped, School bus, 4 Cyclists.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:56 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
fiesta ST = 150bhp but heavier then the GTi

106 Gti = 120bhp but wegihs feck all, so is quick

and as has been discussed a million times, i don't need to go into handling, but i think scott is on about that, as the gti will use its handling to keep up with faster cars. VXR corsa is understeery as hell, Fiesta ST is good just needs more ooooomph and the polo gti is heavy and slow :lol: :halo:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 am 
Offline
Onslack's other half
Onslack's other half

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2045
Location: bracknell, nr reading.
Drives: a little blue car ;)
i know all about the handling :lol: seeing as mine can keep up in the corners with other things that it shouldnt :halo: . apart from the immense body roll. can i get arb for it?

_________________
Image

si_stef wrote:
how the hell does a blind person actually drive? does their guide dog bark once for left, twice for right and go mental when he needs to brake?!


Kill List: Moped, School bus, 4 Cyclists.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:07 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
possibly, but it would be better just getting a gti mate :)

the ST would actually have to work to get past you :P

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:10 am 
Offline
Onslack's other half
Onslack's other half

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2045
Location: bracknell, nr reading.
Drives: a little blue car ;)
in the 1.1? :lol:

_________________
Image

si_stef wrote:
how the hell does a blind person actually drive? does their guide dog bark once for left, twice for right and go mental when he needs to brake?!


Kill List: Moped, School bus, 4 Cyclists.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:11 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
no if you get a gti :rolleyes: :squint:

but i will still be revelling in boost :P

if you are keeping the 1.1

get a pugsport

paint the steels white

get some decent tyres

clear the crap out of it!

:thumbsup:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:20 am 
Offline
Onslack's other half
Onslack's other half

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2045
Location: bracknell, nr reading.
Drives: a little blue car ;)
meilack wrote:
get a pugsport
no. too slow to make it loud :lol:
paint the steels white
and show off the 3 stud goodness? nah lol
get some decent tyres
try finding any in the size i need


its bloody impossible :doh:

i think a gti is going to be the way forward. just got to wait till no claims time now.

_________________
Image

si_stef wrote:
how the hell does a blind person actually drive? does their guide dog bark once for left, twice for right and go mental when he needs to brake?!


Kill List: Moped, School bus, 4 Cyclists.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:22 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
there you go then :thumbsup:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:09 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:18 pm
Posts: 3409
Location: West Sussex. Drives: Too many man sized cars!!
Drives: Sideways
scotty_boy BSc wrote:
meilack wrote:
true :)

but the bigger cars you mentioned there are fast, bigger, more practical :lol:
:



106 GTi vs Polo GTI vs Corsa VXR vs Fiesta ST. Seems they're all supposed to be superminis.

:lolz: What is it with you and comparing cars in completely different class'

The 206/207 fits with the above competition, were as the 106 is directly comparable to the Ka/Lupo/and whatever sub-corsa sh!tbox vauxhall pass as a car these days

_________________
AUTOBAHNSTORMERS
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs!
ImageImageImage
From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:10 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
I wish i was content with a 106 as a daily car, but I prefer my creature comforts more. It's a shame a lot of the bolt on mods aren't as cheap either.

You don't want to know how much a decent manifold is for a gti-6 is compared to a 106 gti :doh:

people love and hate 106's due to the fact they will stick with much bigger and stronger RWD turbo cars on track.. :)

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:26 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:18 pm
Posts: 3409
Location: West Sussex. Drives: Too many man sized cars!!
Drives: Sideways
Ry wrote:
people love and hate 106's due to the fact they will stick with much bigger and stronger RWD turbo cars on track.. :)

..but do what else.

If I wanted a no comprimse small car it wouldn't be no shopping trolly that was to small to put shopping in

_________________
AUTOBAHNSTORMERS
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs!
ImageImageImage
From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:31 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
woodsy_mv6 wrote:
Ry wrote:
people love and hate 106's due to the fact they will stick with much bigger and stronger RWD turbo cars on track.. :)

..but do what else.

If I wanted a no comprimse small car it wouldn't be no shopping trolly that was to small to put shopping in


They do everything they're supposed to in their class. What's your point?.

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:40 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
hmm, i can see this debate going on for a while :halo:

i'm sure its been discussed before :thumbsup:

fair enough the boot on a 106 is not amazing, nor is the interior (minus seats) but for out of the box a-b blasts and performance, it is a very good strong point of the car :thumbsup:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:49 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:18 pm
Posts: 3409
Location: West Sussex. Drives: Too many man sized cars!!
Drives: Sideways
Ry wrote:
They do everything they're supposed to in their class.
...which is great

Ry wrote:
What's your point?.
Why be stuck by the handling limitations of a hatchback that's to small to fit anything but a pair of 4 foot passangers at a pinch in great discomfort in the back, and in the boot, a days shopping that'd leave a starving African child wanting.

_________________
AUTOBAHNSTORMERS
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs!
ImageImageImage
From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:02 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 9972
Location: Up'T North - Doncaster
Drives: a 3 piece leather suite
So your saying because a 106 has a small boot its a crap car?

So going by that that theory the likes off elise's, vx220 turbo's, 911's, caterhams, farrari's, lambo's are all crap because they can't fit a days shopping in......

See when i go shopping i see lots of 106 drivers there with plenty of shopping, someone must let them know that they need to buy a monza/omega because they have a big boot.

Im pretty sure dooner doesn't give a rats arse if he can't fit lots of shopping in the back, he wants a car thats quick a to b and that doesn't make him look like a grandad.

_________________
RIP Ben. Gone but not forgotten.

SportKA - I've driven one and its deffinately a Girls car

Ford Fair 2010 0-60 7.45 secs Trek 4100 :chill:

Save the trees, wipe your arse with a Cosworth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:06 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
he fills the interior with crap instead :P no need for a big boot :halo:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:22 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
I've took mother shopping many a time in the 106, including the big christmas shop, no problems there. :?

Why would you also buy a car and give a damn about what people might feel like if they are in the back? :? Unless you have kids of course.

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:23 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:18 pm
Posts: 3409
Location: West Sussex. Drives: Too many man sized cars!!
Drives: Sideways
Mattyboy Esq wrote:
Im pretty sure dooner doesn't give a rats arse if he can't fit lots of shopping in the back, he wants a car thats quick a to b and that doesn't make him look like a grandad.
Nice :rolleyes:

I would tell you haw far you're missing the point, but my screen is only so wide.
I said nothing about getting a bigger car, anywere.

You nearly got it with this
Mattyboy Esq wrote:
So going by that that theory the likes off elise's, vx220 turbo's, 911's, caterhams, farrari's, lambo's are all crap because they can't fit a days shopping in......
...only, try again

_________________
AUTOBAHNSTORMERS
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs!
ImageImageImage
From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 106 Gti
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:24 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
good point, i couldn't give a feck about passengers :xmasghey: the recaros in the focus are comfy, which is important to me! :halo:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron