Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:45 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
this is the same magazine who rated the C2 as a car not for enthusiasts? :P

they also said that the Focus ST is one of the best hot hatches available :P

And that the Focus RS re-defines power levels that can be put through the front wheels :P

They also placed it on a par with the R26.R and most people are in no doubt the RS will beat the 8:17 lap time of the ring set by the megane :P

Also did anyone see the Focus RS vs Skyline GTR across the yorkshire moors? The Focus RS kept the Skyline in touch, and the tester said he would rather do the pass again in the focus :P

etc :thumbsup:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:48 pm 
Offline
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:52 pm
Posts: 777
Location: Cambridge
Drives: MR2 TBar
meilack wrote:
this is the same magazine who rated the C2 as a car not for enthusiasts? :P

they also said that the Focus ST is one of the best hot hatches available :P

And that the Focus RS re-defines power levels that can be put through the front wheels :P

They also placed it on a par with the R26.R and most people are in no doubt the RS will beat the 8:17 lap time of the ring set by the megane :P

Also did anyone see the Focus RS vs Skyline GTR across the yorkshire moors? The Focus RS kept the Skyline in touch, and the tester said he would rather do the pass again in the focus :P

etc :thumbsup:


If the Focus could beat the R26R round the ring then why havent ford done it? Surely that would only help sales and its only what a day of their time? :|

Just waiting for Ford to start building some proper cars :( I mean theyre good and all for a family man that might like to push the loud pedal on occasion but build something less than 2 tonnes that's a bit mean around the corners

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:48 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
I see Adam says They quite often. They say a lot of things. :lol:

If Ford built a proper stripped out fat free version of the RS then that would interest me :D I do like the RS as it is though, without a doubt, it's in the top 10 bigger hatcbacks of the 00's for me. The reason I like the R26.R is because it's doing what a lot of others haven't done and made the image a bit more boy racer-ish, which I love to be honest. :chill:

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:40 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:37 pm
Posts: 7771
Location: Manchester
Drives: C2 VTS
That reminds me of the C2 VTS vs Fiesta ST, the fiesta stayed ahead due to the extra power but the C2 was all over it in the the corners.

I must say out of those 2 I would go for the Clio, small cars work better for me, it probably drinks less too.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:08 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
well this how topic was based on an autocar review, so i pulled out a few from "them" just for you lot, as you live and die by your "french will piss on any ford" mentality :rolleyes:

luke: How exactly is a Focus RS not a proper car? If it can keep up with a Skyline GTR over the Yorkshire moors, does that make the Skyline not a "proper" car either? And ford haven't said they aren't taking a focus RS round the 'ring. I don't think it needs much more publicilty as there is a year waiting list. Shame as to some, clearly, its not a proper car :rolleyes: And my ST weights 1367kg or something, so is definately not 2 tonnes :P and is hardly crap in the corners, as most people regard it as one of the best hot hatches you can buy.....oh wait sorry, its a ford :doh:

Ry: i haven't said i don't like the R26.R, but surely a full fat Focus RS can give it more then a run for its money deserves some credit?

Percy: Again, sure ok, i am not getting into it, i'm past the fiesta ST and caring anymore :rolleyes:

how dare anyone support a ford on a ford website :rolleyes: how very dare they :rolleyes:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:14 am 
Offline
French Tickler
French Tickler

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 4451
Location: Woodville : Burton
Drives: 170bhp RS
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:18 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
no high horse for me mate :rolleyes:

just trying to make it a non-one sided argument, so if a neutral/newbie reads this, they won't automatically think that french cars are the best :thumbsup:

i think the high horse thing applies to the automatic default that fords are shit in some way :rolleyes:

its funny how woodsy was arrogant for arguing, and i get the high horse treatment :lol:

the thing is, i haven't said fords are better then french, i'm not getting into it, i'd have an R26.R tomorrow if i had the chance, it just pisses me of, that fords are slated left right and centre on a primarily ford based forum :rolleyes:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:33 am 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
You do realise everything I say, and no doubt Percy, Scott etc, are not one sided? :lolz:

I look at the car, not the make or model. I drive a fappin' 306 for Gods sake :lol:

You say the RS deserves some credit, yet I class it in my top 10 cars of the 00's along with the Megane and I say it is a great car previously.

You really need to stop jumping staright onto the OMG WTF FORDS ARE MEGA DONT DISS LOLZ bandwagon. If I don't like a car, I don't like it because it's a car, not a certain make or model and I've never implied that. Disagree with our opinions but don't put words in anyones mouth. :thumbsup:

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:06 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
right, i'm not going to get wound up :)

but out of scott you and percy, especially on 2.0 Si vs VTS/GTi debates, you and scott have no say as you have not driven either or both :)

Percy is the only one to comment fairly on that :) i have healthy banter on that

but.....

me put words in people's mouths?

:lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

do me a favour......if anyone else read this, a french car is the best handling car in the god given land! :lol:

i didn't say you didn't give the RS credit, some others haven't :)

and i don't jump on that bandwagon. i jump on the OMG FRENCH CARS ARE DA BEST HANDLING MOTHERFUKIN CARS MONEYZ CAN BUY wagon, as it spouts rubbish about other cars, and fords seem to be the main target on here

Examples:

Mole dared say his Fiesta ST kept up with a 106 Gti, and got slated :rolleyes: omg! he dared to say a ford kept with a french car :rolleyes:

Mole deciding on a focus st:

Scotty's reply: what a pile of crap :doh:

hardly called for eh?

etc :thumbsup:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:07 am 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:57 am
Posts: 3154
Location: Sussex.
Drives: MK4 mondeo ,Saph Cossie
your comparing a clio against a focus. its loike comparing the starship enterprise against a mere apollo 13.

Of course the clio is going to keep up in the corners, its lighter for one.

they are in different classes, the clio, a small "hot hatch" and the focus a mid sized comfortable to drive everyday, stick you children in the back, prams in the boot "hot hatch" family type effort. they should simply not be compaired as there are far to many variables.

I not doubting the clio's ability to corner, but you are comparing 2 COMPLETLY different cars.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:10 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
a point i tried to make :rolleyes: :lol:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:22 am 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:37 pm
Posts: 7771
Location: Manchester
Drives: C2 VTS
I have to back Ry up on this, I don't judge because of badges. Each car is judged on its own merits.

Have you forgot me saying the Mk6 Zetec-S is an amazing car?

In this case the RS is the better car, as said I would take the Clio based on insurance, cost, petrol etc. But this is a personal opinion so therefore is neither right or wrong.

Life would be boring if we all liked the same things.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:25 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
i know :) i'm not saying everyone should like ford :doh: its just the way they are dismissed gives a bad impression to people reading and in most cases the french car is painted as the best no matter what :)

you actually give fair comparisons :lol:

but come on, the first post hardly said anything like that did it ? :rolleyes:

that maybe, on "merits" but it does seem that ford bare the brunt from some! :doh:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 am 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:57 am
Posts: 3154
Location: Sussex.
Drives: MK4 mondeo ,Saph Cossie
Percy wrote:
I have to back Ry up on this, I don't judge because of badges. Each car is judged on its own merits.



:thumbsup:

_________________
Image


Last edited by cs detailing on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:25 am 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
meilack wrote:
right, i'm not going to get wound up :)

but out of scott you and percy, especially on 2.0 Si vs VTS/GTi debates, you and scott have no say as you have not driven either or both :)

Percy is the only one to comment fairly on that :) i have healthy banter on that

but.....

me put words in people's mouths?

:lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

do me a favour......if anyone else read this, a french car is the best handling car in the god given land! :lol:

i didn't say you didn't give the RS credit, some others haven't :)

and i don't jump on that bandwagon. i jump on the OMG FRENCH CARS ARE DA BEST HANDLING MOTHERFUKIN CARS MONEYZ CAN BUY wagon, as it spouts rubbish about other cars, and fords seem to be the main target on here

Examples:

Mole dared say his Fiesta ST kept up with a 106 Gti, and got slated :rolleyes: omg! he dared to say a ford kept with a french car :rolleyes:

Mole deciding on a focus st:

Scotty's reply: what a pile of crap :doh:

hardly called for eh?


You're quick to jump onto the defensive Ford bandwagon, I've driven a Mk6 Fiesta, Hell I learned and passed in one, and I've borrow Scott's 106 gti for a few weeks, and been in a few 2.0 Si's and even driven a C2 (even if it was a 1.4 HDi model) so I'm not entirely without experience.

The way you come across isn't exactly great with your defensive posts and replies and it's getting pathetic now. Sure at one point in the past we all hopped onto the french vs ford debate and had some fun and interesting posts and point, but it's VERY old now and isn't fun anymore. Hence the 106 Gti commment was quite a while ago now from which you referenced.

I'm all about performance for Bang/Buck IMO and that's what I look for, and that's my opinion. Oh and also French cars aren't the best handling cars. Maybe they were in the 90's but not anymore.

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:31 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
ah right, so i'm pathetic for defending fords on a ford based website :rolleyes: i hadn't worked that one out

well excusse me :rolleyes:

i was just using examples :)

new french cars must be up there for handling surely? if the new clio sport and R26.R are anything to go by? :?

and i'm quick to jump on the defensive bandwagon as

A: no-one seems to bother in fear of a scathing reply, where as i am not bothered, rip me to shreds! i just want a level playing field :)
B: i don't want fords portrayed as rubbish when they aren't :thumbsup:

opinions are good :) if we all liked the same thing it would be boring, its just the WAY some things are said, like the first post in this thread which start things off. Hopped on the bandwagon of french vs ford? it looks to me like it still exists

But you what, fine whatever :rolleyes:

i am wrong, there :)

:nerd:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:39 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
meilack wrote:
ah right, so i'm pathetic for defending fords on a ford based website :rolleyes: i hadn't worked that one out

well excusse me :rolleyes:

i was just using examples :)



Why are you defending them when they are not being attacked? Why do you take the intital post as it slating the Ford? It's more a 'Look what the Clio can do'. Hence why it's in the other makes and marques section.

meilack wrote:

new french cars must be up there for handling surely? if the new clio sport and R26.R are anything to go by? :?


Yes they are but so are most hatchbacks these days, Fiesta, Focus, Megane, Clio, Abarth, Heck even the Volvo C30 is supposed to handle quite well.


meilack wrote:

and i'm quick to jump on the defensive bandwagon as

A: no-one seems to bother in fear of a scathing reply, where as i am not bothered, rip me to shreds! i just want a level playing field :)
B: i don't want fords portrayed as rubbish when they aren't :thumbsup:

opinions are good :) if we all liked the same thing it would be boring, its just the WAY some things are said, like the first post in this thread which start things off. Hopped on the bandwagon of french vs ford? it looks to me like it still exists

But you what, fine whatever :rolleyes:

i am wrong, there :)

:nerd:


It may exist for you with these VS car threads, but for most of us, it's just a simple topic and nothing more, nobody replies due to a "scathing reply" as we don't do that anymore, we've all grown up and past that, well most of us, and that's the only reason why I'm replying, so everyone knows nothing is meant by any of it, and replies like Adam's are not needed, as to me it looks like a serious reply on something that is simply light hearted and nothing more.

Still i could be an arse and say get the hell out of other makes and marques section with your constant Ford can't be discounted crap, but I don't. ;)

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
so scotty's wording in the first post wasn't a piss take sorry :rolleyes:

i didn't say the title was a attack did i?

yes, but french cars have had a trait of being the best handling for nigh on 20 years, which i have never disputed :P , so surely they are a main player?

yes, ok, its turned on me now :lol: great, put me up on a pillar while you are at it :thumbsup:

*hands up*

ignore my replies people, clearly, not needed and i am obviously mis informed :rolleyes:

so just because its in this forum......oh heck what ever, i cba anymore.

so everyone knows......

" I'm in the wrong, and all my posts in this topic are clearly single minded, ford-loving repsonses :rolleyes: "

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:49 pm 
Offline
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 11184
Location: In the Shires
Drives: Jap Crap
You say it wasn't an attack, so why do you say you were defending Fords?

Have whatever opinions you want, just don't post them in such a defensive way as TBh you have nothing to defends as it's just opinions, and as any forums go, it causes hell when personal opinions get turned into a mass debate, which then turns serious, which then in turn leads to negative feelings between members and we all know what FT was like years ago. :lolz:

_________________
Rest in peace Ben "Jam" Elvin. Gone but never forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:52 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19072
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: 08 Ford Focus 2.0
on FT comments:

very true :doh:

i said the title wasn't an attack, but the wording in the first post is bound to start things up isn't it :doh:

i'm not getting into it, i cba, but this is hardly an isolated incident :)

love, peace, harmony etc :)

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron