Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:04 pm 
i got some swirls and scratches in the paint when the sun shines i just wondered what you guys do in order to get a really cool mirro finish to your paint work

can jonosi help or is there a link which could guide me would really apprciate the help lads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:48 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Ford Focus 1.6 Climate
to be honest you will be hard pushed to remove them by hand. to get good correction ideally you need a machine polisher like a Porter Cable or Megs Orbital if your a beginner or a rotary if youve had experience before.

a good claying after washing will help remove any hidden crap

you can then try some Poorboys SSR's which with a good applicator may get some results but there will still be traces left. They come in various numbers( ie SSR1) to go with the state of the marks, number 1 being the kindest.

also i have heard that Autoglym Super Resin polish has quite a lot of 'fillers' in it to help mask swirls and improve the visuals.
you may be able to add a Glaze before the final polish to help mask they more but as said, machining is the only way ultimately.

hope that helps :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:10 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: MK4 mondeo ,Saph Cossie
jonosi wrote:
to be honest you will be hard pushed to remove them by hand. to get good correction ideally you need a machine polisher like a Porter Cable or Megs Orbital if your a beginner or a rotary if youve had experience before.

a good claying after washing will help remove any hidden crap

you can then try some Poorboys SSR's which with a good applicator may get some results but there will still be traces left. They come in various numbers( ie SSR1) to go with the state of the marks, number 1 being the kindest.

also i have heard that Autoglym Super Resin polish has quite a lot of 'fillers' in it to help mask swirls and improve the visuals.
you may be able to add a Glaze before the final polish to help mask they more but as said, machining is the only way ultimately.

hope that helps :)

As above realy. the only way to get good correction ( abouve 80% ) would be by machine.

I find pug paint to be fairly soft. Why not get it detailed and then just look after it after that, or get someone with a machine polisher to lend you a hand