Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 114  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MY fiesta si - 09/06
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:02 am 
Offline
David Dickinson Junior
David Dickinson Junior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:18 am
Posts: 4250
Location: Near Birmingham
Drives: Like a boss
And your mrs!!

_________________
Image

FEED ME MORE!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: MY fiesta si - 09/06
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:22 am 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
best of luck buddy :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: MY fiesta si - 09/06
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:04 am 
Offline
Out of the closet
Out of the closet

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 am
Posts: 6276
Location: Southport
Drives: Ash Black Fiesta si 1.4
I was going to use my mums car but she's awayvthe week. A mate of mine might be going so ifche is I'll be with him coming up on the day but ill keep u all posted.

Thanks lads. Any interview tips throw them ny way as id really appreciate it.

_________________
Image
fifi


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:41 pm 
Offline
Out of the closet
Out of the closet

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 am
Posts: 6276
Location: Southport
Drives: Ash Black Fiesta si 1.4
Well, new job = more money

So initial plan is to have her running, mot'd, insured and taxed for a full year so i can see what changes and adjustments that need to be done.

Once that year is up I will be on more money (Salary is upped when I complete any training and on a yearly basis). Therefore this is what i propose.

Strip down, shell off to be welded, body work done and a full respray in out and underneath. The reason i say in is because i am thinking of having a roll cage installed? And the reason i say that is because i primarily want it as a fast road car/weekend and show car with the odd track day thrown in.

I then want to have the engine overhauled... Replace what i can, have things skimmed etc etc. (Thinking of sending it off to Burton Power or another similar business) and finally have Throttle bodies fitted.

I want to have a zs rear beam on and pretty much everything powdercoated. New coilies, the lot!

So, any opinions, changes, advice on what i've just said will be taken on board. It will be a slow process hence why i want it on the road for a year first so i can enjoy it before parting with it again :)

thanks

_________________
Image
fifi


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 pm 
Offline
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 pm
Posts: 3336
Location: south london
Drives: mk3 Java, Fiesta RST
Just drive the cunt :thumbsup:

_________________
RIP ANDREW STOW 1989 - 2009
RIP "JAM" 1984 - 2012

Image

Dave G fsi wrote:
FRST's, scaring pedestrians since 1990


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 pm 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
Agreed, just get the 2.0l running and enjoy.

Plans sound good for the car but its a hell of alot of work and money. If I was you id get it running and save up so you have some money in the pocket to plan your future. Once thats all sorted then you can see what car direction you want to take.

May sound like an old man but im sure youll understand when it comes to getting your own place etc.

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:25 pm 
Offline
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 8806
Location: Bournemouth
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Must admit it sounds much like ideal world pipe dreams. Your totalling up to about 5k on an old fiesta you'll have no fun with your money lol

That's without half the other bits you'd have to upgrade with the stuff you want.

Enjoy the car and get t running then do things to suit the situation or you spend all your money before you have it and its not fun lol

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:36 pm 
Offline
Out of the closet
Out of the closet

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 am
Posts: 6276
Location: Southport
Drives: Ash Black Fiesta si 1.4
ok lads thanks for everyones opinions :)

I'll be getting it up and running and go from there :)

_________________
Image
fifi


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:39 am 
Offline
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochdale
Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
Good stuff.

_________________
Image
The Loumiester wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 pm
Posts: 3336
Location: south london
Drives: mk3 Java, Fiesta RST
The plans you have are spot on mate but once it's up and running first time round and you've driven her for a year you'll enjoy it too much to take it off the road again :)

_________________
RIP ANDREW STOW 1989 - 2009
RIP "JAM" 1984 - 2012

Image

Dave G fsi wrote:
FRST's, scaring pedestrians since 1990


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:20 pm 
Offline
Out of the closet
Out of the closet

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 am
Posts: 6276
Location: Southport
Drives: Ash Black Fiesta si 1.4
i hope you're right ;)

_________________
Image
fifi


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:39 pm
Posts: 214
Plans sound good Ben, although I fully agree with the lads. get it up and running and enjoy it :)

Good luck with the interviews I hope all goes well :thumbsup:

keep us posted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:21 pm
Posts: 1284
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Agreed, get it up an running an enjoy driving it.

Slight change of opinion, in a year get a dedicate track at as full cages in road cars are a no no in my book unless you are tracking it every weekend! And even then I personally wouldn't.
Reason? If you bin your car big style with a cage in it you are more likely to do damage to your head via the cage than anything else!! My mate binned his caged escort spectacularly at knock hill and his helmet had a massive chunk missing from where he rattled off the cage!! Second reason, I have heard insurance for a fully caged road car is lots probably for the above reason!

But as we've all said, just get the fucking thing running ASAP and enjoy it before this good weather fools off :)

Paul


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 pm 
Offline
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: the ghetto
Drives: Mk3 rs1800i
mate just enjoy the bugger you've spent time (way toooo long :halo: ) getting it ready ! you may aswell get it on the road and use the car for a bit and see whats what. you've got time to save and plan while using her :thumbsup: good stuff on the job though mate (calling a scouse a mate is like fucking your own sister. WRONG ;) )

_________________
Image
FORD COMMITMENT...FOR LIFE

QUOTE OF THE DAY 29/1/2013
bensouthport wrote:
get your finger out and fix the fucking thing! (if you reply with the same thing to me you can fuck yourself, yours is easier to fix than mine is)
QUOTE OF THE DAY 30/1/2013
Sam_RSi wrote:
i could build a car from scratch quicker than he has done his engine conversion
R.I.P Ben 'Jam' Elvin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:37 pm 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19046
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: Millennium Puma
just get the fucking thing on the road :lol:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 am 
Offline
Out of the closet
Out of the closet

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 am
Posts: 6276
Location: Southport
Drives: Ash Black Fiesta si 1.4
U wud fuck ur sister u inbred bastard. But thanks. Cheers paul n murphy. Ill do as you say. Work will commence on her soon. Been a busy lad but she deserves my attention.

_________________
Image
fifi


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19046
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: Millennium Puma
oh no thanks for me? fucking scouse runt :lol:

what's left before you can use the bugger :lol:

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 am 
Offline
Out of the closet
Out of the closet

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 am
Posts: 6276
Location: Southport
Drives: Ash Black Fiesta si 1.4
your statement was forceful. i did not like :(

A lot. ive made a list before but ill keep this brief. brakes, fluids, wiring :)

_________________
Image
fifi


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 am 
Offline
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm
Posts: 19046
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Drives: Millennium Puma
small jobs :halo:

you going to ford fair at all? if not you best be at jam's memorial sixfields 5th october ;)

_________________
Image

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.


RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 am 
Offline
Out of the closet
Out of the closet

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 am
Posts: 6276
Location: Southport
Drives: Ash Black Fiesta si 1.4
afraid not buddy :(

I will have a car sorted by then so of course i'll be there :) Didn't actually realise we were having one so i'll look for it now and get my name down.

_________________
Image
fifi


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 114  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron