Hi as i've just put new arms on both side of mine today i thought i'd right it up for future reference should anyone else need to do it. it's fairly straight forward to do, just can take patience at some times. oh and dont forget to copperslip all bolts when rebuilding.
Time: 2 hours max for both sides
19mm, 17mm, 15mm sockets and rachet
Torx bit for pinch bolt T45???
Some form of pry bar
long breaker bar to undo 15mm bolts
possibly a balljoint splitter
1. Jock the rear wheels, jack the front of the car and support it on axle stands.
2. Remove Both front wheels
:Working on one side at a time:
3. Turn steering in oppossite lock to what you're working on
4. Loosen and remove the balljoint pinch bolt using the required torx bit and 17mm socket
5. Push/prise(you may need some sort of splitting tool, or a good hit with hammer) balljoint from hub
6. Loosen and remove the 2 other retaining bolts for the arm(15mm bolt, 19mm nut) these might be a bit tight
7. Remove arm from car and admire the worn bushes and/or ball joint
8. Take nice new arm and push roughly into position
9. Now the tricky part, manouevre(sp) the arm into it's mounts and fit the 2 retaining bolts not too tight yet though
10. Line up balljoing with hub mount and slide(might take a bit of persuasion) it into it.
11. Refit pinch bolt and tighten
12. Tighten the other 2 retaining bolts(not too sure on torque settings, i just did them tight)
13.Double check everything is tight and in position, refit wheel
14. Repeat from step 3. for other side
i accept no responsibility for any harm caused through the use of this guide, it is there just for reference.
Hope to have helped
_________________My ebay stuff http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/2.0zetec
Is that the best you can do?
www.volvot5.co.uk - www.germanshepherdsuk.co.uk
2000 V70 T5 SE - 2.3, 5 cylinder, 20V, VVT, Turbo, 250bhp, cream leather, climate control, the works!