Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:32 am 
Offline
Donator? Ejaculator!
Donator? Ejaculator!

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:23 pm
Posts: 11348
Location: Lincoln
Drives: MK1 Focus Estate Ghia
georob wrote:
vinnythespud wrote:
Georob,have you maxed your car out yet,if so how fast did it go(on a private road,obviously)dont want you to test it on the motorway now do we :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Think i might put a diesel box in mine


Nah, not yet, had 120 outta 3rd then ran out of road. Weather here is pretty ding just now with all the rain, as soon as it dries up though..... :insanity:


whats acceleration like tho? i wouldnt wanna risk losing it..

_________________
Daily isn't so Special. And it makes me sad.
Need space and time and I'll crack on with Jams si!

Catch me on Facebook as I'm rarely on here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:58 am 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
jdfiesta wrote:
onslack wrote:
with my 1.6 Si box i am getting 190+ MPG but i am not being very kind to the throttle :lol:

i would also like to know who else is using a diesel box and what MGP your getting :?


190+MPG :o
:lol:

JJ


:red: oopps i ment 190+ miles to a tank :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:59 am 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
happypaul wrote:
georob wrote:
vinnythespud wrote:
Georob,have you maxed your car out yet,if so how fast did it go(on a private road,obviously)dont want you to test it on the motorway now do we :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Think i might put a diesel box in mine


Nah, not yet, had 120 outta 3rd then ran out of road. Weather here is pretty ding just now with all the rain, as soon as it dries up though..... :insanity:


whats acceleration like tho? i wouldnt wanna risk losing it..


i am the same only just got mine so dont want too loose it so soon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:42 am 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:17 pm
Posts: 405
Location: Aberdeen. Drives - E30 335iSE an 2.0 NOS'd 16v Si
happypaul wrote:
georob wrote:
vinnythespud wrote:
Georob,have you maxed your car out yet,if so how fast did it go(on a private road,obviously)dont want you to test it on the motorway now do we :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Think i might put a diesel box in mine


Nah, not yet, had 120 outta 3rd then ran out of road. Weather here is pretty ding just now with all the rain, as soon as it dries up though..... :insanity:


whats acceleration like tho? i wouldnt wanna risk losing it..


Its not too bad, i have not been in a 2.0 with the 1.6 box so couldnt comment the differences. It handy for the 60 sprint though as you get 70-75 outta 2nd


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:46 am 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 9972
Location: Up'T North - Doncaster
Drives: a 3 piece leather suite
Ive had both a 1.6 and a diesel gearbox! And i did notice a difference in acceleration, its fairly noticable! Top end speed is crazy in a diesel box! Ive got a FRST box on at the moment and that seems to be handling well and has good acceleration! :)

_________________
RIP Ben. Gone but not forgotten.

SportKA - I've driven one and its deffinately a Girls car

Ford Fair 2010 0-60 7.45 secs Trek 4100 :chill:

Save the trees, wipe your arse with a Cosworth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:56 am 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
does the FRST have better acceleration than the 1.6 Si box :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 am 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 9972
Location: Up'T North - Doncaster
Drives: a 3 piece leather suite
onslack wrote:
does the FRST have better acceleration than the 1.6 Si box :?


I think there on par with each other! 8-)

_________________
RIP Ben. Gone but not forgotten.

SportKA - I've driven one and its deffinately a Girls car

Ford Fair 2010 0-60 7.45 secs Trek 4100 :chill:

Save the trees, wipe your arse with a Cosworth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:27 am 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
thats ok then :lol: :lol: , i dont want to get rid of my Si box, i love the acceleration too much 8-) :homo:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:28 am 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:17 pm
Posts: 405
Location: Aberdeen. Drives - E30 335iSE an 2.0 NOS'd 16v Si
Do any of you guys get bothered with torque steer? I dont at all :?

I might try a FRST box sometime, would like it to be nippier accelerating as i'm not too arsed about sitting at 120mph at 3.5k in 5th :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:34 am 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
yeah i get it quite bad in the wet, in the dry its not too bad, except if i am setting off from the lights sharpish then i get it :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:06 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 9972
Location: Up'T North - Doncaster
Drives: a 3 piece leather suite
georob wrote:
Do any of you guys get bothered with torque steer? I dont at all :?



Ye sometimes, i get it alot in the wet! :shock: But its all good fun! :insanity: :lol:

_________________
RIP Ben. Gone but not forgotten.

SportKA - I've driven one and its deffinately a Girls car

Ford Fair 2010 0-60 7.45 secs Trek 4100 :chill:

Save the trees, wipe your arse with a Cosworth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:16 pm 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
mattyboy wrote:
georob wrote:
Do any of you guys get bothered with torque steer? I dont at all :?



Ye sometimes, i get it alot in the wet! :shock: But its all good fun! :insanity: :lol:


it is good fun, but i do think to myself sometimes that i must look like a chav :lol: :lol: , i can still feel it pulling when i am on the motor way and i put my foot dwon :oooh:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:22 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 9972
Location: Up'T North - Doncaster
Drives: a 3 piece leather suite
onslack wrote:
mattyboy wrote:
georob wrote:
Do any of you guys get bothered with torque steer? I dont at all :?



Ye sometimes, i get it alot in the wet! :shock: But its all good fun! :insanity: :lol:


it is good fun, but i do think to myself sometimes that i must look like a chav :lol: :lol: , i can still feel it pulling when i am on the motor way and i put my foot dwon :oooh:


i like to leave it in 4th on the motorway and boot it! :devil: :lol:

_________________
RIP Ben. Gone but not forgotten.

SportKA - I've driven one and its deffinately a Girls car

Ford Fair 2010 0-60 7.45 secs Trek 4100 :chill:

Save the trees, wipe your arse with a Cosworth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:30 pm 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
i should try that :lol: :lol: , at 70 my car is reving at 3500rmp, i seem to get a kick from 3000-4000rmp :look:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:16 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 9972
Location: Up'T North - Doncaster
Drives: a 3 piece leather suite
My peak torques at around then so i like to play around that point! :D :devil: 8-)

_________________
RIP Ben. Gone but not forgotten.

SportKA - I've driven one and its deffinately a Girls car

Ford Fair 2010 0-60 7.45 secs Trek 4100 :chill:

Save the trees, wipe your arse with a Cosworth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:26 pm 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
mattyboy wrote:
My peak torques at around then so i like to play around that point! :D :devil: 8-)


i will have to get my Si on the rollers to see who's who and what's where :look: :lol: :lol: , then i will know when is the best time to change gear :devil:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:33 pm 
Offline
Driving Gods
Driving Gods
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 9972
Location: Up'T North - Doncaster
Drives: a 3 piece leather suite
onslack wrote:
mattyboy wrote:
My peak torques at around then so i like to play around that point! :D :devil: 8-)


i will have to get my Si on the rollers to see who's who and what's where :look: :lol: :lol: , then i will know when is the best time to change gear :devil:


Just gona have to organise this FSi rolling road day a bit quicker! :D ;)

_________________
RIP Ben. Gone but not forgotten.

SportKA - I've driven one and its deffinately a Girls car

Ford Fair 2010 0-60 7.45 secs Trek 4100 :chill:

Save the trees, wipe your arse with a Cosworth


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:43 pm 
Offline
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 22211
Location: Somewhere
mattyboy wrote:
onslack wrote:
mattyboy wrote:
My peak torques at around then so i like to play around that point! :D :devil: 8-)


i will have to get my Si on the rollers to see who's who and what's where :look: :lol: :lol: , then i will know when is the best time to change gear :devil:


Just gona have to organise this FSi rolling road day a bit quicker! :D ;)


sounds like a good plan to me 8-) , i wnted to get my on the roller down where i live to check all was well and tickity boo, but i would be up for a FSI rolling road day 8-)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:58 pm 
Offline
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2706
Location: BOGNOR~REGIS
mine used to torque steer alot all over the place, but new lower arms have made it a bit better,

_________________
Image
FIESTA-SI.COM STICKERS? *CLICK ME*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:49 pm 
Offline
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:49 am
Posts: 349
My 2.0 si is going on the rollers this saturday, i'll post up the results.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: