Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ICE Build
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:11 pm 
Poster
Poster

Hi all
I’m thinking of doing away with the parcel shelf and doing a fiberglass install in the boot, I was thinking of using some mesh panel ( like chicken fencing ) to create the shape that I would like, and then working out where I would like the speakers excreta to go. Draw around them and then cut out the holes in the mesh and glue in the wooden rings that I have made for the speakers to fit in.
Then I plan to cover the inside and outside of the project (the mesh shape) with some cloth (I think I would have to use a hot glue gun though coz there would be nothing to attach the cloth to securely) and then paint on the epoxy leave it to dry. And then add the fiberglass matt to it, and so on. Has anyone on here had a go at doing this? Can you post some pictures of the variations of your boot builds so I could get some shape ideas, as I think that this part is going to be the hardest to create the shape? The rest is straight forward really I could just go straight in there and just pic a shape I like but I have an alpine sw1600 to consider to, I’m not sure how I’m gonna do that one coz it’s so dam heavy and it could crack the install any suggestions on this build would be gratefully appreciated.im thinking of doing a guide to as I go along because I don’t think there is one in the faq.
Anyway cheer’s all.