Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: INSURANCE RANT
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:48 am 
The Nude Numpty
The Nude Numpty

right grgiguop\opzas=0d[pozxcv <--- my annoyance lol
Back in december got hit up the back by some retard who obviusoly needs to retake his test. Got my car valued at £500, was my old fiesta 1.3 LX mk 3, but I had an excess of £600 so dont get anything untill liability is established in my favour. And ever since, my insurance has been pissing around trying to establish liability .... he hit me up the back! how is that hard to establish! And now I just got a letter this morning from the insurance company saying that it may established as split liability 50/50 so I will only get 50% of my claim, which is £250 on a car which cost me £850. How is it half my fault that some f*ckwit couldnt brake in time cuz he drove like a t*at. Chirst he should of just said yea its my fault, how can he think it isnt!!!!
Anyway rant over! Had to get that out lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:24 pm 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

unlucky mate, what a nob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:55 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Ford Focus 1.6 Climate
insurance companies for yer

glad to take yer money but tight as f**k when it comes to paying out

id fight it out if you are sure you are in the right. alright may not be mega bucks but a few hundred pounds is too much to lose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:37 am 
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Thats well bad dude. My sister got hit by someone in a 4x4, the were stationary and he drove into them and went up the bonnet! That came out 50/50, as did an accided with someone who uised to work for my dad. He pulled over asthere is abit off a hill where only one car can fit, and there was a 4x4 coming the other way abit fast with a digger on a trailer behind it. He skided and the guy who used to work for my dad jumped into the passanger seat and basicly had the side wripped off his car. That went 50/50 even though he was stationary and in the passangers seat at the time, lol! So yer, your not the only one who gets f-d over by insurance companies, lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:35 am 
The Nude Numpty
The Nude Numpty

christ lucky he got onto passenger seat, didnt realise that this 50/50 happened so much. Yup im gunna fight it, like jonosi said, not major bucks, but as Im a student £250 to me is quite a bit of £££. I look at £250 like a full magnex system lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:01 pm 
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Lol totaly get what your saying mate, i look at things the same way!

If its on a small road, like every road around me, any accident is prettey much judged 50/50. One of my mates had his golf also writen off by a milk tanker that was going too fast down a hill and couldnt stop on the small road. It pushed the side of the car in so far that the side bit of the car was touching and had bent the brake pedal!

Did the police come to the crash scene? I would never leave, even a small accident without the police attending if i knew it wasnt my fault as i know insurance companies always give it a try. Either that or take like a million pictures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:03 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Always get the police out! i made that mistake and insurance said it was my fault in the end! even tho the other driver was blatantly speeding on a roundabout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:34 pm 
The Nude Numpty
The Nude Numpty

Yea I took quite a few photos on my phone at the time. So Im gunna keep pushing until it goes through in my favour, not as if im desperate for my money, but is quite annoying as the other driver still hasnt admitted liability so I cant claim my years NCB untill he does and my insurance is up for renewal in the next couple days, but hopefuly when it gets sorted out I can claim back the exta I paid whilst the claim was going though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:34 pm 
The Nude Numpty
The Nude Numpty

lol but jeeeez, that milk tanker must of hit it with some force, times like that I wish I had a volvo or something lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:26 am 
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Drives: Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
If the driver never admitted liability at the scene, and you never got it in writing from him, then there's no chance he'll ever now be allowed to say it was his fault. It's up to your insurance company to prove he was in the wrong, and get his insurance to pay for everything. Obviously his insurace don't want to pay out, so they'll try anything to get out of it.

Sounds to me like somebody at your insurance company really can't be arsed.

Quote Ry, Mallory Park, 3rd Dec: "Ahhhh crap... Just a bit too over eager really!"
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:44 am 
French Tickler
French Tickler

Drives: 170bhp RS
You insured a Mk3 Fiesta fully comp?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:14 am 
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

I've always been fully comp, because it always worked out cheaper or about £50 more expensive. Work that one out.

Quote Ry, Mallory Park, 3rd Dec: "Ahhhh crap... Just a bit too over eager really!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:29 am 
French Tickler
French Tickler

Drives: 170bhp RS
True. It's more often than not the case with me too. Sadly if he accepts the 50/50 claim now he'll lose his NCB. He'd be better telling the other party to claim on their own insurance and he just gets rid of the car. He'll lose the money from the car but won't lose NCB and have to be blacklisted by future insurers for having a crash on his history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:13 pm 
The Nude Numpty
The Nude Numpty

lol yup, same case as with des, Yea I agree with you des, Ive been thinking that as well, but at the end of the day, the person on the other end of the phone is just a customer service rep, not much I can do to actually push the claim thro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:28 am 
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Well, the person at the end of the phone may be just a customer service rep, but isn't that their job, to take your calls, listen to what you say, and pass the relevant information on. Fight it mate, dont make them force you into accepting liability, or even 50/50.

It quite clearly wasn't your fault. What happened to the old addage that it's always the person behinds fault? I tell you why - because you get the money scrounging [email protected] who reverse into you when at a stop so they can claim by saying you hit them (I'll not say the group of people most likely to do this...)!

So no mate, I wouldn't let it go to 50/50. You'll forever regret it when it comes to your insurance renewal each year, having to fill in that fooking box about past accidents, and seeing that premium go up a little. At least if you try your damnded hardest to fight it, you'll know you will have tried.

Insurance companies have got away with too much. People dont realise you can question their "decisions". I got offered £500 less than what I payed for my first Si when it got writ off, despite me only having it for about 6 weeks. The other bloke admitted it was his fault, yet they still tried to screw me over. I sent printouts from Autotrader of similar spec, mileage, condition etc and sent a letter expressing my disgust. I ended up telling them to go and buy me one for the money they offered. And then got my solicitor involved. As soon as I did, they gave me my full money! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:50 pm 
The Nude Numpty
The Nude Numpty

Oh yea, im not accepting 50/50 - there is no way that Im going to accept that. Im thinking about getting legal aid through my insurance.

Ive phoned them up and said its not good enough, just meant there is no point in phoning and getting real arsy. But anyway grr insurance - so slow and painstaking, sure most og you guys and gals and have similair experiences with the bast*rds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:22 am 
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Yeah, as I said in my previous post, they tried to offer me alot less than what the car was worth. Then I had the whole fiasco with getting compensation out of the other blokes insurance (and before anyone gets on their high horse - I do have back problems from the accident still to this day, and had to undergo physio to try and help it).

Insurance companies are complete arseholes. All of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:14 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Drives: Audi A4 Cabrio v6
the only time iv ever thought good of an insurance company is when someone smashed into my g/fs car and wrote it off and she got £750 for it when she only paid £300 for it, was only a l reg ax lol. but she had an accident last month when a moped came flying over a blind hill onto a rounderbout when she was on it and went strate over her bonnet, did damage to her front wing and smashed the light, so obvious that they had gone into the side of her but there claiming she rammed into them, the person sufferd a broken leg and now my g/f is being done for it and may lose her licence and her job.

Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:19 pm 
The Nude Numpty
The Nude Numpty

Jeeesus, from now on Im gunna take loadsa photos straight away everytime, cuz if you got photos of damage and position of vehicles and stuff, you can stuff it back up their arse when they try and say its your fault. Man thats bad with your girlfriend tho, hope it gets sorted out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:24 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Drives: Audi A4 Cabrio v6
yeh takes the piss, i hate most moped riders, they turn 16 jump on a moped and think they no how to use the road when most of the time they no f**k all about useing rounderbouts and junctions. some are ok but alot are tw*ts. shes got to go to court in a month. police moved he car b4 she could get picture, she was to shaken up to think about what to do.

Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors