Fiesta-Si.com
http://www.fiesta-si.com/forums/

Stay with the Focus ST or cave in? FAO terry,scamp,sam
http://www.fiesta-si.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=22687
Page 2 of 4

Author:  The Loumiester [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

Insurance is higher round here but the cost of living is cheaper.

Author:  scamp [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

Unless money is very tight I'd keep the ST mate :thumbsup:

I'm paying £200 a month for two cars :lol: :doh:

Author:  Percy [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

This is the thing, if you can afford it and see the value you in it then carry on.

If you can't afford it or would rather spend that money elsewhere then then get rid.

As it is you can afford it so there is no right answer here.

Author:  EvilDes [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

Percy wrote:
This is the thing, if you can afford it and see the value you in it then carry on.

If you can't afford it or would rather spend that money elsewhere then then get rid.

As it is you can afford it so there is no right answer here.


That's what I was going to say... if you can afford it, and it's something you want, then pay it! If it's draining you too much, get rid.

But oh my gawd, that's a lot of money to pay for insurance. What NCB you got? I'm paying over £100 less than that a month on the Pulsar. But I am an old git now.

Author:  Chris [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

Mole you have the money so just keep it :)

Author:  Op [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

wowza. fiesta st fully comp, protected no claims, legal protection, courtesy car, £200 excess. £460 a year. is your post code dodgy?

Author:  happypaul [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

I'm binning the scrote later in the year, around October time.
Will be running the Fiat Uno 45s afterall.....
Binning the 8v 45bhp engine, and fitting Punto sporting 1.2 16v 90bhp for some 128bhp per ton love!
Cheaper tax, and insurance is :lol:

£250 fully comp for the year fuckers :lolz:

Author:  The Loumiester [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

happypaul wrote:
I'm binning the scrote later in the year, around October time.
Will be running the Fiat Uno 45s afterall.....
Binning the 8v 45bhp engine, and fitting Punto sporting 1.2 16v 90bhp for some 128bhp per ton love!
Cheaper tax, and insurance is :lol:

£250 fully comp for the year fuckers :lolz:

It just wont be the same without the scrote lol.

Author:  happypaul [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

It will die soon, and I'd rather have a car with less rust, which suprisingly is a Fiat Uno the same age as me.

Author:  DarrenFsi [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

paul your mad

mole keep the focus
you got the paper
mod it to make it realy worth that £170 pm

Author:  bensouthport [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

£140+ for my si, after 1 year driving and ncb

id love to be paying that for an st! surely you can find cheaper though?

Author:  Mole259 [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

Nah can't get it cheaper, one of the accident claims (one i had on Fsi trip in 2008) comes off the insurance July 20th and renewal is 12th :doh:

Ive decided to keep, partly made by the pathetic Px offer on a car like a Focus ST of just £5.5k

Going to keep this one :) Just going to take longer to get it upto standard i want

Im 2 years NCB atm btw, postcode is 2nd down from the best post codes too :doh:

Author:  Percy [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

Mole259 wrote:
Nah can't get it cheaper, one of the accident claims (one i had on Fsi trip in 2008) comes off the insurance July 20th and renewal is 12th :doh:

Ive decided to keep, partly made by the pathetic Px offer on a car like a Focus ST of just £5.5k

Going to keep this one :) Just going to take longer to get it upto standard i want

Im 2 years NCB atm btw, postcode is 2nd down from the best post codes too :doh:


Can you not take it off the road for 9 days?

Author:  The Loumiester [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

How long can you hold onto your ncb when your uninsured?

Author:  meilack [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

mole take it of the road 9 days you pillock!

Author:  seanny 94 si [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

I'll be paying £185 a month for mine and that's just with:
2 litre
Coilovers
Brake upgrade front and rear discs
Gearbox upgrade
Carbon boot & Bonnet

Author:  The Loumiester [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

seanny 94 si wrote:
I'll be paying £185 a month for mine and that's just with:
2 litre
Coilovers
Brake upgrade front and rear discs
Gearbox upgrade
Carbon boot & Bonnet

And wheres the thread for this lol

Author:  Mole259 [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

meilack wrote:
mole take it of the road 9 days you pillock!


Have to start a new policy don't I? So will have to pay a deposit when starting a new policy? which means i have to find a lump sum? :?

Author:  Chris [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

Buy temporary car insurance for 2 weeks.

Then insure it again when the accidents gone, get a cheaper quote and pay monthly.

Whenever you pay monthly you have to pay a deposit.

Author:  Elward [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stay with the Focus ST or cave in?

Chris_ZS wrote:
Buy temporary car insurance for 2 weeks.

Then insure it again when the accidents gone, get a cheaper quote and pay monthly.

Whenever you pay monthly you have to pay a deposit.


Not when you renew with the same company.

Page 2 of 4 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/