Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:46 pm 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

Drives: Scooby , RS'Cable Tie'T
Ok so most of you know i've been restoring an Rs turbo for some time, anyways cutting a very long and boring story short is this, insurance day came, i rang direct line up who told me i had two years no claims but they couldnt insure me till i was 21 due to the nature of the car, so rang around and eventually ended up ringing sky, who to my amazement quoted me at £1400 due to my 2 Years no claims, brillant i thought, anyways paid the £380 + deposit and other fees totalling £585, and eventually got the sheet through the post about modifications and asking for my no claims bonus, anyways it turns out i did have two years no claims but only if i went with direct line, so i immediately rang sky insurance up telling them the problem, to which i was told it wouldnt be a problem as direct line had said they would send me a letter saying i had drove for two years claim free (same thing isnt it) anyways, next day i get a rather unpleasant and tbh down right rude person ringing me up, where he spoke these exact words, Ashley we are afraid there is nothing we can do for you as the company we deal with wants two years ncb, you may get some of your deposit back but you wont get it all due to information been witheld, when i tried to reason with him and explain that direct line was sending me a letter all he said was they wont recognise it. Now a week went past from that day and still no phone call about my deposit, so i decided enough is enough and rung them up and guess what the fincial department was on there dinner and they would ring me back in a max of 10-15 min, day went past still no call, again at a different time i rung, and again they were on their dinner, by this point i was starting to lose my patience as i wanted the Rs back on the road but without my money back i couldnt start up with the other company, anyways 3 days later we managed to get in touch with the finacial company where again we was met by an even ruder person who just said due to with holding information and cancelation fees plus our intrest you wont be getting any of the £585 back, now flame me if im wrong but, A. i didnt cancel and on the letter it clearly states if they cancel for what ever reason im entitled to my deposit back, B. how did i withold information if at the time i set it up it was correct and wasnt my fault, C. They should totally be ashamed and i warn anyone to stay strongly away from this comapny, yeah they may give cheaper quotes but at the end of the day they will take your money but anything to do with giving it back they are out on lunch and dont want to know.

I await your responce to this ollie and most of all everybody else. End of the day i was totally honest with Sky even declared all my mods which they got wrong anyways, apparently im running around with 17's and loads of other stuff i dont have, so tbh if anybody got anything wrong it is them, just would like to say thanks for nothing :banghead:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:19 pm 
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

sounds like a pain in the ass, i might be wrong here but dont you get a 14 day period in which to cancel and get your money back?(i know you never cancelled!)

getting a half decent quote these days in pretty hard, last thing you want it for things to be made worse by things like this :cry:

who did you go with in the end?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:41 pm 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

well im actually just getting the money togther to go with need 2 insure, they knocked quote up by £150 after i explained about the whole direct line thing, tbh im dissappointed with Sky insurance tbh as at first they seem nice genuine people but turns out there like everyother company and have hidden charges etc, tbh when i spoke to the bloke originally when setting up he told me i would be entitled to my deposit back, but have no fear i am taking this further as tbh its almost like fraud.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 pm 
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

need to insure are spot on :thumbsup:

did you speak to paul? he's a nice genuine guy and a proper ford fan too :chill: :D

best of luck getting your money back, keep us updated :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

ive no idea who i spoke to, just explained that i had a rough time and that apparently i dont have two years no claims but yet i have the letter saying im two years claim free lol :/ got to ring them again and finalise everything so i will ask for paul, declared all my mods though as its best thing to do if im honest and atleast i come out with 3 years NCB at end of this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
definatly get a solicitor on the case or go see citizens advice and see what you can do, its ridiculous how they can take money from you, the thing with these companies is that they think they can take money off the little guy(i.e me or you) and get away with it because most people wont do anything. Most of the time though they are wrong and know it but put up a snotty front to get rid of you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:22 pm 
FSi Donator
FSi Donator

Drives: bmw r50 chilli red mini c
mods will cost you a lot more i am 47 i had to pay extra 15 pound to tell them i put lowering springs + admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:23 pm 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

dont worry i will be chasing this down, end of day its £585 im out of pocket and that was just for one month. beware of sky is all i can say, yeah but they are standard ford alloys, yet they reckoned i had 17" aftermarket jobbies on it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:12 pm 
David Dickinson's Naughty Bit

Drives: Fiesta ZS
[quote="Sky Insurance]Yes this same guy has posted the same up on a few forums.

Two sides to every story at the end of the day, the customer told us he had NCB held in his own name, it turns out he doesn't hence we cannot insure him. I am looking into the refund calculations at the moment. There is a huge difference between NCB held in your own name and named driver experience.

It's worth taking negative feedback for insurers posted on car club forums with a pinch of salt [/quote]

Got this when I posted the complain on ZSOC on a "praise" thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 pm 
Poster
Poster

AshSi wrote:
I await your responce to this ollie and most of all everybody else. End of the day i was totally honest with Sky even declared all my mods which they got wrong anyways, apparently im running around with 17's and loads of other stuff i dont have, so tbh if anybody got anything wrong it is them, just would like to say thanks for nothing :banghead:

Hi,

I'll keep this brief as I also need to reply on the other forums you have posted this same feedback about us on as well.

When we insured you, you told us you had 2 years NCB.

When we asked or proof of this, you send us evidence of named driver experience which is completely different to NCB. As such, the underwriter we placed you with withdrew their offer to insure you.

The people to be pointing the blame at are the insurer who told you that this named driver experience counted as NCB, they really should be ashamed of themselves.

As a goodwill gesture and as we are confident there was no malice in your intentions we are looking at a better level of cancellation for you.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:03 pm 

Oh and my post was just to show him what you wrote to him, I have no hate for either party! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:08 pm 
Poster
Poster

Chris_ZS wrote:
Oh and my post was just to show him what you wrote to him, I have no hate for either party! :lol:

I thought everyone hated insurance companies :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: 2.0 fiesta si + mk3 1.1
skyinsurance wrote:
Chris_ZS wrote:

I thought everyone hated insurance companies :P

we do lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:15 pm 

Well yes, insurance companies prices in general! But I mean you as a person and the companies help towards us enthusiasts. I've never had any experience with sky's insurance so can't say I dislike you guys :lol: Just sky internet when it constantly Fudges up! ha :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 pm 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

it isnt the point that i hate them nor that i did anything wrong, it works out i paid £585 for a month, and they cancelled the policy due to no fault of my own at the time i told them the information it was correct.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:21 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
i think the issue is they give you your money back, as onslack said i think there is a period of time where you can cancel and retreive some/all of your money.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:36 pm 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

If you were supplied false information by a company (ie. DL) that led to a financial penalty/loss to you (by sky) that shouldn't have happened you can claim the monies through a small claims court. That's what the court is there for. Most of the time it doesn't even get that far and it's settled pretty quick. Obviously go at DL for the claim.

Edit: Should have added you can start the process online too. Google "small claims court online".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 pm 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

well they have said they will give me £96 i mean come on its a start but fack me, its cost me £585 for a month.