Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Brentacre Insurance
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:12 am 
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Drives: Jap Crap
I like to post when I feel I get a good service, so would just like to say that Brentacre Insurance are a worthy punt guys and beat any quotes I had :thumbsup:

They offer "BHP" Modification limits. So I'm now on a 210bhp limit before extra costs, which means basically all other cosmetic & mechanical changes like coilovers, air filters, exhaust, manifolds, bodykits, wheels etc can be put on the car, at no increase to the premium or any admin fee's either! You just need to call up and let them know.

Of course items like Throttle bodies, turbo's, superchargers etc would make a difference, but they are very competitive with their pricing it seems.

Would also like to thank Luke @ Sky Insurance for giving me a great quote as well. But because I didn't have time to see what they could do on a match as I was in a rush, I settled for Brentacre. Keith Michaels Insurance also did a lovely quote too by matching Brentacre with a lower excess, but that was beaten by who I went with again. :)

Oh and also Adrian Flux are NEVER getting my money again. 2nd time they've tried to rip me off, and it's a sad state of affairs when you have to threaten them with the financial ombudsman before they give you the money they owe you back. (I've had to do this twice with them now! once bitten, twice shy eh)

Top work :thumbsup:

Post subject: Re: Brentacre Insurance
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:18 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: Seat Arosa Sport 16v
do they have limitations on age NCB etc etc?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:50 pm 
FSI Supporter
FSI Supporter

Drives: Si 1.6 & ST170
it seems to be the less known insurance companies that offer more to the specailised car market (in our case modified)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:15 am 
Poster
Poster

Ry wrote:
Would also like to thank Luke @ Sky Insurance for giving me a great quote as well. But because I didn't have time to see what they could do on a match as I was in a rush, I settled for Brentacre. Keith Michaels Insurance also did a lovely quote too by matching Brentacre with a lower excess, but that was beaten by who I went with again. :)

Thanks for the feedback, quite often we find our competitors use our price as base rate and then knock a few £ to take the business away, we can usually refer these cases back to our underwriters and request they move on price.

Thanks for trying us and give us a call next year.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:30 am 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: 2004 Volvo S60 D5
That sounds quality, i'll have to try them once my insurance scam is over.

Also be wary of Privilege insurance, because i am a new driver they seem to be not on my side.
Basically about a year ago i got a letter saying that i crashed into someone and obviously i was like what! I never knew about this, and then they said the damage to the other persons car was about £1000 so i was like ok well come and look and the car then, so they sent out some assessor woman and she took some pics and said she'd get back to me and she never. Basically the other person knows everything about me and i don't know anything about him/her :/
I just feel as if Privilege don't want to cover me as i am young, makes me depressed.

Once this is over i am gunna say bye bye Privilege. Besides they don't like ANY mods until you are over 25 ¬_¬