Index Page Find us on Facebook  Find us on twitter  Follow our RSS Feed
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:57 pm 
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

very annoy this evening. i got a cancelation warning through from adrian flux so i phoned them up and they said that i didnt have any proof of my 1 years NCB, so i phone footman james, the insurer of my imp, and they said that because i had a classic policy i didnt earn any NCB, so now adrian flux want to put my insurance up from £968.17 to £1800 :shock: . i really cant see how my insurance can go up nearly £900 for not having proof of a years NCB. i even have the renewal for my imp which has gone down £110 to £330.18, which surely a no claims bonus??? i am so annoyed as i phoned footman james before i took out my fiesta's policy to cheack i had a years NCB and the guy on the end of the phone said i did. its only a 1.6 si with a lowering kit, exhaust, and rs2k alloys, im 19 and i have been driving nearly 2 years. what am i going to do? 1800 is two much for second car, i need a car for work. bloody insurance :x :x :x :x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 pm 
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

:shock:

that is shocking!

i swear mattyboy had his 2.0 Si with flux and was paying less than that :|

how do having a classic policy stop you gaining an NCB?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:07 pm 
Donator? Ejaculator!
Donator? Ejaculator!

Drives: MK1 Focus Estate Ghia
Its okay, flux has nackered me up bigstyle.

Had insurance since January, payed monthly but never check direct debits as ive started using another account. when changed over to the TD and new bank account details, they said I owed only £17 and thats it.

Letter last week appologising that the accounts department has cocked up and have realised I owe around £400 still. But are willing to give me nice repayments for the hassle. 4 months left of the policy, meh. But Im just gonna pay most of it off in one go once I get payed :doh: :rolleyes:

Catch me on Facebook as I'm rarely on here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:26 pm 
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

i cant understand it either, i drove the car for a year an didnt have and accident, so surely i have a year NCB???? there going to ring me tomorrow with some prices to see the best way forward. its looking at this rate that im going to have to lay the Si up for a year and get a pratical car :x . i want to cry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:55 am 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: Sideways
Very few Classic policies will offer NCB, as the car is deemed to be driven by someone whos insurance is most likely to really low anyway, plus in theory it shouldn't be being used enough to warrent a NCB.

When I was looking at Classic policys for the Monza last year (around your age), most stated from the outset that not only would I not earn NCB, but that its not taken into account when they issue your premium, they just take recent accidents.

So you could have had an crash 4 years ago, and not driven since, therefore earning no NCB, this would not change your premium from if you had had that crash and then continued to drive and NCB, if that makes sence.

Dig out your Footman James policy, bet its in the term and conditions ;)

Edit: Is the classic policy in your name??? :?
IIRC, Footman James wouldn't offer me cover because I was under 22, or if they did, they quoted me stupidly high because of it :?

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:03 am 
FSI Poster
FSI Poster

Drives: BMW E36 318is Coupe
phone around and get some prices. Adrian flux were one of the highest prices for me, or look around on the internet, you might be pleasantly surprised with some prices.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:18 am 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

si 1.4 wrote:
phone around and get some prices. Adrian flux were one of the highest prices for me, or look around on the internet, you might be pleasantly surprised with some prices.

Just to add to this.....Flux are sh!te!!!

I moved to them on the spur of the moment, as Admiral were causing me more and more hassel & I was extremely pissed off with the lack of progress on my non fault collision, so I told them were to stick their renewal notice :)
Left it to late to do my research and ring round properly, so they got my custom as a quick fix.

Surfice to say, they won't be getting my custom come renewal :)

...infact id leave tomorrow if they didn't rob you in admin fees, and cancelation ties :rolleyes: bar stewards :)

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:39 am 
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

i can

i can confirm that they are utterly useless :rolleyes:

not impressed at all, they wont bet getting my custom next year! i'm off to greenlight :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:01 pm 
Jap Crew
Jap Crew

Drives: Jap Crap
adrian flux are wank and this is my last year with them forever and any sister company they have. rather pay more to be with a decent insurer than less and be with someone like AF.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:03 pm 
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

well they have just fooked up my monthly payment, so now i'm paying even more a month than what some bint on the phone last week said i would be :x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:40 pm 
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

footman james will insure you under the age of 22. i just phoned them and they gave me a quote. the renewal for my imp is £330, then again the car is nearly 40 years old and it would be faster to ride a snail to where im going. AF came back to me with a pretty good price, £1400, which was better so i went for it, so in theory they owe me a 50% discount next year which i will hold to them as they said my insurance was going to go up to £1800 form £967. just means that im going to have to wait a bit to get the 2.0 in. i guess the silver lining in this cloud is that it gives me an exsuse to build a pretty monster engine in the year im building up NCB, 2.1 na zetec anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:59 pm 
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

glad you got it sort buddy, they have pissed on my chips for the last time today, so i wont be renewing with them next year :x :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:10 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: 2.0 Si + Millennium Puma
Duno how relevant this is, but i take it you still have the 1.6 engine in it? I am with HIC which is flux's sister company, when we put the 2.0 in mine i rang to tell them and all they charged me extra was a £25 admin fee, my actual insurance didnt change even though the car was now a 2.0.
Maybe ring and ask what or if it would go up to if you dropped a 2.0 in ... you might not need to wait aslong as you think :thumbsup:
:)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:13 pm 
The Sherminator!
The Sherminator!

sometimes works out cheaper to insure a 2.0 Si then it is a standard 1.6, as i found out when i was going to do my conversion :lol:

insurance is a very odd game :look:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:54 pm 
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

when i had a year NCB down they said it would cost £1300 to have the 2.0 from £970 for the 1.6. i dont have a decent 2.0 yet so ill just stick with the 1.6 until it goes pop. thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Drives: Clio 182
I've not had any problems with Flux and i've been with them for the past 2 years. They quoted me cheapy cheep aswell. Hit & miss i guess..

Paul.

New Parts For Sale Thread - Click here
Paul_16v - Common sense modding for a tasteless generation....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:39 am 
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Drives: Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
There really is no point in asking the question "which insurance company is cheap" because insurance companies vary from person to person. I'm with A-Plan Thatchams, who are absolutely awesome for me. Got a superb fully comp policy with protected no claims, unlimited mileage, all mods declared with no charge for further mods, all the trimmings basically, for under £600 on an import!

BUT....they'll probably be awful for the majority of people on here! Same with every other company.

I've never been able to get a decent quote on them comparison websites, yet phoning around, I get much better deals. :)

Quote Ry, Mallory Park, 3rd Dec: "Ahhhh crap... Just a bit too over eager really!"
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:37 am 
Elite FSI Poster
Elite FSI Poster

Becks wrote:
Duno how relevant this is, but i take it you still have the 1.6 engine in it? I am with HIC which is flux's sister company, when we put the 2.0 in mine i rang to tell them and all they charged me extra was a £25 admin fee, my actual insurance didnt change even though the car was now a 2.0.

Yer, but your a girl.

That cheating :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 am 
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Drives: xr4x4 2.9 v6
im trying to get quotes at the moment as my insurance is due shortly, im with adrian flux at the moment, it was a cheap quote but crap as i get absolutly nothing with it, basicly its just to make you legal on the road, and they have been nothing but trouble for me this years renewal is about £30 cheaper than last year. big wow :x :x
im 28 married with 3 kids and my own house im sure im classed as responsable :halo:
i only was 4tho a year the car is garaged every night its not used for comuting and my area is a good 1 i have full ncb but they still want over £300 from me :x :x :x

i've been phoning around and been on those comparison websites, best quote i got for fully comp all the trimings was £250.92 from hastings direct, no 1 could beat that but i phoned chris knott insurance they said they wouldnt be able to beat the quote id got be they would see what they could do, they came back and said they would beat it by £25 if i sent proof of the quote id had :P :P so thats £230 ish, i still think thats alot for my age and the milage i do ect.
but just goes to show if you keep ringing around you will almost certanly get a good deal.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:55 am 
Southern Events Co-Ordinator
Southern Events Co-Ordinator

Drives: Millennium Puma
i'm with e-car done me no wrong as yet 8-)

cover me 3rd party on other cars, and throughout europe if i inform them of where i am going before hand

and the quote on the Xr3i was £660 TPFT, with the above and most people wanted £1000+ and thats with 3 years NC at 20!

FACT wrote:
Ford is not a decision you make to like, its a passion you grow up with.

RIP BEN ELVIN (JAM) 6.6.84 - 3.10.12 - Gone but not forgotten - The below sums you up chap
Ben Elvin "Jam" wrote:
Through serious illness you meet some inspiring and determined people. its the best we can do as human beings to inspire and drive the determination of others. Ben.